Dj's United

Produb Recruitment

Does the lack of discussion re. the new ProDub recruitment campaign demonstrate how many DJU members actually have the licence?

Has no-one received the recruitment :ads: email yet?

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Interesting Mike. Your last post was a solo on Oct 9th, then previously before that back in August.

Suddenly, within hours of these emails allegedly getting circulated, you are suddenly back on here like the angel of death asking this strange question?

Why not come clean and tell us exactly what role you or certain association (s) played in this latest campaign?

Does the lack of discussion re. the new ProDub recruitment campaign demonstrate how many DJU members actually have the licence?

Has no-one received the recruitment :ads: email yet?

I do not have a licence as I do not need one as i use CDG Discs, i have discussed this at every thread relating to karaoke and the pro dub issue.

Personally i think many are fed up with me banging on about karaoke and many are also tired of people talking about the pro dub licence too there is more to Kj ing and DJ ing than those topics.

I personally believe that DJU has the same proportion of DJ's with and without the licence as any other forum.

Edited by Robster
Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Why not come clean and tell us exactly what role you or certain association (s) played in this latest campaign?

Mike has no involvement with the association you are hinting at. Nor has said association had any involvement in this current campaign.

Just to make sure no members are mislead by the above comments smile icon

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

Hi all,

Although this has not been discussed at committee level in SEDA, I can tell you that SEDA has has not been involved in this little idea, and that I as SEDA representative on the LWP find the idea of even the questions being asked insulting and I am disgusted by the ProDub approach to this.

I hope this makes my position clear.

Vinnie aka Paul Forsyth (SEDA - Vice Chairman)

Paul Forsyth

The DJ formally known as Vinnie

vinnie aka paul,without starting the debate over the license again and

forget this crazy idea ,but what are your feelings towards the license now as it stands(obviously i won't expect you to answer on behalf of seda). do you think we dj's are getting a good fair deal or have their greed destroyed what could of been a good workable license and so alienated us all again

Having thought about it, I feel absolutely disgusted. Is it just me, or does this latest fiasco show absolutely no respect for our industry whatsoever, anybody else feel insulted?

Those who thought this up obviously feels that we are a bunch of low-life's with no scruples / ethics who'll stop at no end of dirty tricks to get one step ahead. No doubt that a minority actually live down to this reputation, however, are we all so shallow?

I wonder who'll be the first lucky volunteer to let our side down and prove their opinions of us correct?

Even the guvnor in a prison would hesitate to roll out such a stupid idea, but then again, prisoners probably have much greater ethics and moral code in relation to grassing.

Personally, I feel that we all deserve better than this.

Nik

vinnie aka paul,without starting the debate over the license again and

forget this crazy idea ,but what are your feelings towards the license now as it stands(obviously i won't expect you to answer on behalf of seda). do you think we dj's are getting a good fair deal or have their greed destroyed what could of been a good workable license and so alienated us all again

My personal feelings (as you say taking aside the bad roll out, the misinformation about legal downloads and this latest nonsence) are that on the whole we have a license that allows us to move and use media legally at what I feel is a reasonable price. I agree that there are some additional changes that would make it even better (smaller / cheaper starting level and a payment plan to name but two) but on the whole I think it does the job.

That said I can't believe some of the stuff that is going on around it from all sides.

I like Nik feel insulted and find it incredible (although not totally unbelievable) that this latest suggestion came from a fellow DJ - get some more gigs mate is what I say!!!

I was also appalled at the Musicians Union article.

But I digress, I hope that answers your question.

Vinnie.

Paul Forsyth

Having thought about it, I feel absolutely disgusted. Is it just me, or does this latest fiasco show absolutely no respect for our industry whatsoever, anybody else feel insulted?

You're not alone. Although you might be alone if you're surprised. These people are vermin and so wrapped up in their own little world that they don't think or care about their actions and how it affects us. I'll tell you what it is, piracy. In the age of MP3s and file sharing their profits are down and they're striking back at the only people within their reach, us. They don't care that most of us actually have legitimately paid for music collections, they just want to scrape back as much as they can from whoever they can.

DRM was their answer to piracy. Again this is going after the wrong person as the only people DRM affects are people who actually keep them in jobs and buy the music. File sharers never have to bother about DRM as files traded online don't have them.

We will always be an easy soft target for them, these type of tricks are here to stay. It's just a matter of what they'll come up with next.

Does the lack of discussion re. the new ProDub recruitment campaign demonstrate how many DJU members actually have the licence

Your comment seems to hint that ALL deejays require the license in which to operate, and according to the terms printed on the Pro-Dub website this clearly isn't the case, and those who continue to use Vinyl or CD material are exempt. No requirement for format shifting = No License Required = No Laws broken.

You could be forgiven for reaching this assumption however, as a few people do seem to be unable to grasp this relatively simple concept and are continuously anxious to peddle this license as being something more than it actually is - permission to format shift, nothing more, nothing less.

What would be a travesty, is if a genuine CD using deejay would does not require a license under the current terms, felt compelled to have to buy one just for the sake of it, just in case somebody tried to cause problems for him/her purely out of devilment, or because the venue / client had been mis-informed and were under the belief that ALL deejays required one to work. I'm sure that nobody wants to be seen to promoting or encouraging a situation where this may arise.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Musicians Union article? Please expand. I have not seen one and I am a member.

Last issue of "Musician" small article titled "Getting dubwise to DJ's" What the :cense: does that mean anyway??????

Vinnie

Paul Forsyth

Last issue of "Musician" small article titled "Getting dubwise to DJ's" What the :cense: does that mean anyway??????

Vinnie

Thanks Vinnie, I will try and find the article. I didn't notice it, I admit!! :rolleyes: