Dj's United

Microphone Effects Unit

Hello all, i need a bit of help with something i am struggling to get my head round. I want to add effects to my microphone channels.(Theres nothing worse than singing "dry"and am getting asked for more and more Karaoke gigs lately.) I use a twin wireless microphone which is connected to a behringer vmx1000 mixer. The mixer has effects send and return. So, i am figuring its a case of buying an effects unit and plugging it in to the effects send and return on the mixer, but this is the bit i do not understand... how do i make the effects affect the microphone channels only and not the actual music? I know i should know this really, but if you have never done it before.........

Many thanks in advance for your comments.

Bob

All stuck together with the finest DJ glue.

Ladiees an gennelmennn....the buffet is now open.

Behringer do a little effects unit designed for karaoke , they also do rack mounted units check out there web site for more details

I've got the Behringer unit- nice compact bit of kit - 2 mic inputs (Jack), audio in (RCA) and output (RCA). It can do vocal removal of input, and had adjustable echo or reverb, with wet/dry mix.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MIX800.aspx

Rack mount would be better (if your other kit is 19") and you need this often.

Jason

I've got the Behringer unit- nice compact bit of kit - 2 mic inputs (Jack), audio in (RCA) and output (RCA). It can do vocal removal of input, and had adjustable echo or reverb, with wet/dry mix.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MIX800.aspx

Rack mount would be better (if your other kit is 19") and you need this often.

Jason

WET/DRY Mix? Que?

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

Sorry -

Wet = full effects

Dry = no effect

Most effect units have an adjustment to vary the ratio.

thanks for that recommendation sounds perfect, I would need it to be 19" rack mountable

1u space would be perfect, I will check out the behringer site.

Bob

All stuck together with the finest DJ glue.

Ladiees an gennelmennn....the buffet is now open.