Dj's United

Do you take a deposit????

No - shame on you -

If you have ever been in the situation of 1 to 2 weeks before a gig you get the call, sorry we don't need you, hopefully you should have a contract, but trying to argue, rarly gets you anywhere, ah! go to the county court, sorry under £500, don't really want to know, Oops, no job, no money.

When asked, I always strongly recommend that you ask for one thired or £100 deposit, which ever is the greater.

The reason, you quote £300.00 and either don't take a deposit, or £50.00, they carry on ringing around and find someone for £200.00. Result, you don't work and you either have nothing, or £50.00, which they will "right off", because they will still have saved £50.00.

(these figures are for example, and may vary depending on your area, but you get the idea)

Comments????

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Hmm.

I nearly always take a deposit, I only dont if i know then really well. Normally I ask for a chequ in the post and intern they get a receipt.

No chequ no disco

http://www.chrispointon.f2s.com/Forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

Tom, your spelling is getting worse M8!!!, it's now even worse than mine!!. Your post's are starting to read like flatpack furniture instructions http://www.chrispointon.f2s.com/Forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I've got this flat pack wardrobe, ah1 hell you guys won't know

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???