Dj's United

Class-D is not a name I had heard of before, nor had anyone else we asked, that was before asking about speakers on this forum. Chris Pointon & DJ Dickie recommended the Class-D speaker package, comprising of a pair of JAC15’s a pair of CD15’s complete with speaker poles.

For those who didn’t see my earlier post, my son had decided to get some new speakers at the start of this year. These were to replace his ageing & abused old ones; he was looking for something with good sound quality but with more power, whilst being hopefully smaller & lighter than his old ones, so we decided on the JAC12’s with CD15’s.

:Thumbup: Full marks to DJ Dickie from Next Generation Technologies for getting them out to us within a couple of days; even after a few problems with PayPal. :Thumbup:

Ok so what are they like?

The JAC12 is an 8 ohm Passive 2-way speaker system with a 12' woofer along with a 1.15” horn with a power rating of 300 watts RMS continuous, 800 watts peak.

These are all wrapped up in a high density moulded polypropylene cabinet making them light weight (only 16Kg). They also come with built-in stand mount and inserts to accommodate a wide range of accessories to allow suspension or use as a floor monitor.

These are about 9Kg (each) lighter than his old speakers; while being a lot punchier & a lot crisper than his old ones (up until now we thought his old ones were good) but these are a lot better & even without the bass bins they sound really good.

The CD15’s are 15” bass reflex bins covered in black carpet rated at 350 watts RMS at 8 ohm; & with the built in passive crossover they really enhance the sound of the tops. (Not that they need it!)

So is there anything we could fault them on?

As with most things there are always things that could be improved, the JAC12’s were supplied with screws that were too short to hold the feet on, & these feet are about ½ inch too short to allow the speakers to be stacked even though the specification on class-d’s web site say they can. The CD15’s are heavier & larger than our old speakers, this wasn’t what we really wanted but its probably why they sound so much better.(It would have been nice if class-d had divulged this information on their web site, weights & dimensions are completely missing)

So what is our over all impression?

Very good quality sound & volume, they even came with a some extras (4 speakon plugs & 4 jack plugs) Despite the couple of little niggles they are well worth their money, :Thumbup: in fact my son is so impressed with the JAC12’s he is thinking about getting another pair for backup or larger venues.

i cannot recomend class d highly enough their beast pa is awesome i have 3 class d set ups and love them too bits i have a proel smart series set up with sp 15 bins and sp12 tops that dont come close too the class d quality, longevity i couldnt tell you but out of the box they are awesome :)