Dj's United

Short Term Public Liability Insurance

It is possible, but it will cost you more than for a whole year. The company, whose name I'm racking my brians for are based in Cheltenham (well that neck of the woods). A one day event will cost from £320.00.

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Why for just one night?

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

Yes, but as you DJ full time, do you not already have PLI anyway?

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

Dave, I doubt that you are covered by the SU policy. Is the kit installed at the SU or do you take your own?? If you take your own, you will be expected to have PAT & PLI. I would suggest you ask the question.

Dave, consider the Musicians Union. You'll get all of the MU benefits and advice plus £10m worth of public liability cover for £116 per year. This is often cheaper than a PLI policy from a dedicated insurer.

You could also try Musicguard, if you insure your disco equipment with them, you'll get a PLI Policy of £1million included for free, they also provide PLI insurance on it's own too, in £ 1 Million £2 million and £5 million levels of cover, from £79.00 per year for £1 Million.

Thanks for the tips. I am going to check with the hotel to see if 1 million is enough - if so I will go with Musicguard. If more cover is required, then maybe the MU is the better option.

The student's union's venues are like clubs with a fixed DJ booth, or a bar with the kit set up by them. The kit is definitely PAT tested as I have seen the little stickers on everything. I will have to check if they have PLI, I chatted so some of the other DJs and no-one seems to know! At least I will have it soon.

If the kit is installed, it's down to them, your not taking kit in. You would need PLI, if you decided that some hubert was giving you a hard time and you clipped them around the ear with a cd case.