Dj's United

thinking of getting a behringer ultrafex enhancer, can you run 4 speakers off it,and does it have normall audio connections to connect to my mixer as my mixer only has these, no xlr.currently i use audio to jack adaptors to connenct to the amp.

This item goes between mixer and amp, so it will control however many speakers you have. Bear in mind the overall signal is processed, so if you run a system that uses an active crossover, it should be placed pre- crossover.

I think they have jacks on too, can't remember as i only use xlr cables.

they certainly are a nice bit oif kit, although I admit I dont use mine often.

hope this helps.

why dont you use it much ? thought you would take it all the time . i dont use a cross over yet.i just bought them leads that twin off the mixer. so i have two red and two white leads. going to the two amps .seems to work ok .guy in music shop said it was the cheapest option .what you think?

There is more to an enhancer than simply cleaning up the music. When using my behringer I find that it gives me more Bass Headroom without using amplifier resources.

For example, if I tweak the bass EQ on my mixer, the LED ladder on my Amplifier quickly peaks towards the 0db mark. However, I can add quite a substantial amount of bass using the LF Enhancer on the Behringer before the peak level on the Amp begins to increase. In other words I can add reasonable amounts of bass without it eating overall headroom when compared to the same increase on the EQ!.

Getting the most from and squeezing every last watt or db from your system is a good thing, whether that system cost £500 or £3000. Of course products like Driverack do this far better on more expensive club or pa systems, but for the Mobile DJ, £50 or £60 to increase the clarity and headroom of your existing system is a small price to pay, and will probably produce more VFM than an additional lighting effect!.

Definitely a worthy addition to any sound system.

Theres a review of the Behringer 3200 processor, iin the DJU reviews section.

Just dont turn any of the knobs up above half way (too quickly) http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif

we use one with the hire gear we use. it's great cos once the limiter is set no matter how high you have the faders there is no chance that you are going to blow the amp http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif

also it's interesting to watch the display when bored!

nice one chis ,explained it clearly .behringer do a model under the 3200, its the ex2200 .says it does the same .what you think of that one ? my mixer dosen't have xlr connections but this model takes jack and audio connections.

QUOTE (danger mouse @ Mar 13 2006, 10:31 PM)
why dont you use it much ? thought you would take it all the time . i dont use a cross over yet.i just bought them leads that twin off the mixer. so i have two red and two white leads. going to the two amps .seems to work ok .guy in music shop said it was the cheapest option .what you think?

I don't feel the need for it at a lot of venues, but bear in mind I am already using high end speakers.

I think it is a worthwhile investment, and as Chris & Gary point out, once mastered you will probably use it all the time.

Liked the can't polish a turd point!!

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE (icarusdragon @ Apr 11 2006, 10:05 PM)
getting the Behringer 3200 processor  does this inclued a limiter looked at info and not sure.

The 3200 doesnt have a limiter system on-board.

Theres a full DJU review on the Behringer 3200 unit, readable by clicking HERE. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif.

This unit can benefit your audio for less than the amount that some people might tell you that you ought to spend on leads.

Edited by Gary

Aphex Aural Exciter with Big Bottom..

will EQ your output very nicely - increase your bass and treble, without increasing the overall output db.

It does it by enhancing the frequencies, and produces a very noticable difference. Used by many radio stations in their processing chain to get that "oomph" and fat processed sound.

http://www.otaritec.co.jp/products/aphex/204_image.jpg

well i bought a behringer ultafex off ebay at a silly price and found it to be a good investment. It certainly opens up the sound and gives a much tighter bass and a more open sound with better stereo imigary.

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

QUOTE (stoke53 @ Apr 12 2006, 09:12 PM)
well i bought a behringer ultafex off ebay at a silly price and found it to be a good investment. It certainly opens up the sound and gives a much tighter bass and a more open sound with better stereo imigary.

alan

Good move. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/beer.gif

They are soooooo cheap, and worth a play with on anyone's system!