Dj's United

Where to demo equipment

• 4 months later...

Maplins - not in my experience, depends where u are in the country really. You far from Newtown Powys? Try Mid Wales Music they've been helpful with me in the past.

Edited by djgb

I've bought a few things from Ipswich Disco Supplies in Ipswich (suprisingly smile icon ), Suffolk. The owner is very helpful and has always demo'd everything for me (last things I was looking at were lasers - demo'd complete with smoke and tunes).

They are in the process of moving to larger premises but can be found at www.ipswichdiscosupplies.co.uk (or com ?)

Glenn.

Glenn Knights.

Mirage Moblile Disco

Wickham Market

Suffolk.

www.miragemobiledisco.co.uk

My regular haunt is dj superstore in southend (45mins away :-( )

They are open Saturdays until 5pm, and have pretty good stock, so if you're North/East of M25, worth a visit.

They are always happy to demo gear - and have a separate room with sound and lighting gear- happy to crack open the music and add a little smoke.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can highly recommend Glasgow Sound Centre (in ... well you guessed it) Glasgow. They have they're full range of gear ready to demo & the guys in there are extremely helpful.

• 1 year later...

DSC Sound and Lighting in Dunstable.

They are really good in there, have the lastest Sound and Lighting equipment all setup. Lighting shows are given, pump of smoke and away you go!!

This is the place I use as I live in Dunstable with over 30 years of experience. DSC Sound and Lighting

Also check them out on facebook.

Good music is in the ear of the beholder or so im told

• 6 months later...

There is Electo Music in Doncaster, they've got a small demo room that's packed with loads of stuff, get it down really dark, pump a bit of smoke in and show you whatever they have rigged up.

If they're not got it rigged up, they'll usually be able to take a light out of it's box and show you it anyway.

Hi All

Sorry to disapoint Kingsy but TSR in Coventry are no more :( Was a sham,e because I demo'd a fair bit of kit with them and ended up with my speakers and other bits and bobs from them.

There is a rumour that a new kid in town with demo facilities will soon beup and running they are lightco design and can be found at lightco.co.uk if anyone should fancy a look, just tell them I sent you :D

And if anyone should wish a demo on any of the lights I currently run your more than welcome to drop by and take a look!

Acme Impossiled

Acme Miracled

Acme Dynaroll

Acme Dynatwin x2

American DJ Mystic x2

Acme CF-805 LED Bars x2

Acme RGB192 Strobe Panels/colour changers x4

Couple of Acme LED pinspots

Soundlab 90 lense 500w things (forget what they are called but similar to the Alligator)

Acme Duets x2

And soon to have an

American DJ Revo 4

Mystic Laser to the kit too!

If I can find room in the car! :damn:

• 1 month later...

DJ/PA Retailers in Scotland (that I've used);

Kenny's Music - Dunfermline/Dundee (RCF's Scottish dealers).

DJ Store - Aberdeen.

Victor Morris - Glasgow.

Red Dog Music - Edinburgh.

Images Entertainment Superstore - Livingston.

KLS Entertainment (DJdepot.co.uk) - Falkirk.

One that I would NOT recommend is Pegasus S&L (Edinburgh).

Long story short; they were supposed to carry out a simple repair on my (now redundant) Denon DN-X1500 mixer... and in the end I had to get a whole new mixer. :djurant: