Dj's United

Hilton Hotel St Helens

I was working at the Hilton Hotel , St Helens Last night (Sat 20 May) and I was in the resturant doing a wedding for 200 people. The bit where I was set up was kind of like a green house, glass roof and full length windows. The sound was actually louder behind the cabs were I was working than in front of them were they were dancing. I had been told about this before hand but obviously couldn`t avoid the situation.

Anyone else had this experiance?

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

Yes, I had the same problem with a posh hotel near Ascot a couple of years ago - huge 200 seater conservatry, named rather uninspiringly as "The Garden Room".

Some Midrange, and especially treble, but virtually no bass will ricochet off the glass and the quarry tiled floor, and really ruin the sound. Thankfully it was one of those rare weddings where we had plenty of time to set up eg: about 3 hours. I ended up borrowing two of those 6ft high wickerwork room dividers and placing those at each end of the disco, using them in the same way as "barndoors" are used on stage lights - eg: they stopped the sound from projecting out too far left or right of the disco. Also, turning the low pass filter down on the EQ helped.