Dj's United

Right, to follow on from the question from the "What to ask a mobile DJ" thread regarding free local rate 0845 numbers, i've managed to find my original referal link http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif .

The email states that it was good for 10 referals, and I forwarded a handful of them when the information was originally posted. Whether that 10 is set in stone or whether they'll keep honouring the link is anybodies guess.

You click the link - you get a chance, but it'll cost nothing to fill in the form and find out.

No promises!, but i've just followed the link and no payment was requested so the promotional code still seems valid, but be quick!.

YES! - I want a free 0845 number

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/thanks.gif for that chris. Just filled in form and no payment requested.

From the small print and FAQ's I think you only get charged if you change the 'receiving' number.

Update on this.

I've just recieved an e-mail confirming my new 0845 number.

From reading that it would appear the no's normally cost £9.99 but I've been given a link to recommend upto 10 friends too.

So just incase the offer on Chris's link runs out pm me your e-mail addy so I can submit it to them and they'll e-mail you with a free application

I dont quite undertand the small print.

The Small Print!

By submitting this application form you agree that you have read, understood and accept the G0845 rental terms and conditions.

---------------

By submitting this form you are indicating your consent to receiving marketing messages

From us

From selected third parties

unless you indicate an objection by ticking the above boxes.

Does that meen if you leave the boxes unticked they will contact you with marketing crap?

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

been with this provider since they were last advertised and happy to say that i have never had spam or marketing calls from them

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

QUOTE (McCardle @ Jun 8 2006, 02:45 PM)
been with this provider since they were last advertised and happy to say that i have never had spam or marketing calls from them

Nor me. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif

I looked and can only find one little thing about price. They quote BT's call rates, but the way an 0845 no works(or the way i understood it worked) is that if say someone calls you from outside the area on your lo-call number they pay the Bt rate, then you make up the difference.

Does that apply here or am I missing something?

Virtually starved and out of ammunition 2 Para finally surrenderd at Arhnem.

German Officer :"I have fought many battles including stalingrad, and yet have never met men so skilled in city fighting - where did you learn this?"

British Officer: "Well it was our first time, but we'll try to do better next time"

they have never taken any payment details from me so i dont know how they could charge me for any calls and i have never had a bill from them either

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

QUOTE (gunslinger757 @ Jun 11 2006, 10:54 PM)
I looked and can only find one little thing about price. They quote BT's call rates, but the way an 0845 no works(or the way i understood it worked) is that if say someone calls you from outside the area on your lo-call number they pay the Bt rate, then you make up the difference.

No. Thats not the case.

Not sure how they make their money, but I have paid nothing in best part of 2 years.

Maybe Chris P knows??

If you go to a bigger company and pay for your 0845 you actually get a percentage of the call costs, like 2p a minute. So they buy loads of cheap 0845 numbers which people don’t want as they aren’t rememberable and get your calling costs.

So its good if you don’t get that many calls but if you get quite a few it may be worth going with a paid for one.

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

• 1 month later...

QUOTE (Kingy @ Jun 12 2006, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (gunslinger757 @ Jun 11 2006, 10:54 PM)
I looked and can only find one little thing about price.  They quote BT's call rates, but the way an 0845 no works(or the way i understood it worked) is that if say someone calls you from outside the area on your lo-call number they pay the Bt rate, then you make up the difference. 

No. Thats not the case.

Not sure how they make their money, but I have paid nothing in best part of 2 years.

Maybe Chris P knows??

You don't pay a penny to use this service http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/smile.gif and it doesn't cost your clients anything extra either, unlike 0870 numbers or other premium call / divert services.

0845 numbers are charged at the standard local BT rate, whether your customer is calling from next door or from 300 miles away. So this will be attractive to anybody who covers the whole of the UK or more than one county or those who use the same line and phone number for both personal and business use, by using an 0845 number you don't need to disclose your main BT phone number of your business literature / website.

Another good tip, is to register for BT's Call Sign feature. This is a subscription service which costs about £1.75 a month from BT which gives you the flexibility of a 2nd number without the expense of a 2nd line. Calls to this 2nd number also give a different ring to your main number. Simply port your Call Sign Number to your 0845 number and then you can even tell which calls are business and which are personal! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/thumbup.gif

• 4 months later...
Does that meen if you leave the boxes unticked they will contact you with marketing crap?

twelve months on and i have had no marketing crap or calls and have never been charged a penny for using this service