Dj's United

Funktion One - Dance Stack

Hello,

I heard one of these the other night and was wondering how much they cost? I know they must be bloody expensive and I will never be able to afford it but I am just interested. Also what power are they? Cant find any of those two pieces of info on the net.

I have to say I think they are the best speakers I have ever heard!! Bit to big for the mobiles though http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/fear.gif

Thanks

Gav

The Dance Stack is actually not as nice as the Res4/5 rig which share the same bass bins. For a single F218 bass bin the list price is ~£2275 with the Res4 top cab coming in at ~£2900.

So thats ~£10,500 for 2 stacks before you even get onto amps and processing. Not sure what the recommended amps are currently, either MC2, Camco or Lab Gruppen I should think.

The Dance Stack uses 2 F218 per side, plus an infrabass, so thats about £12,000 for just the bass end for 2 stacks.

However you'll be pleased to know that most people won't pay list price, you'll prob get around 30% of that with any reasonable purchase.

As for power, the F218 is rated at 900wrms for the box (450 per driver, which i was surprised to hear as its very low for such a powerful cab, but Tony Andrews designs for very high efficiency) Mids and tops will be fairly average power ratings for the drivers used, 80wrms for the 8" and 1" respectively I should think. The 15" horn will be rated at around 400wrms i should imagine but powered by an amp giving double that. What they do well is producing good clean very high SPL without distortion using a lot less power than you'd imagine.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

Yeah its the same guys that were behind Turbosound, before it was sold. There pricey but the quality is un-matchable. But much as you and I would notice the quality differnce, would the average punter? and would they pay the extra money.

I have a Martin Audio Wavefront Sys and much as it is very nice sounding and very powerful not every person is willing to pay the money to rent it.

QUOTE (superstardeejay @ May 29 2006, 08:38 PM)
I believe Funktion One are the old Turbosound company after the name was sold to Harman..?

Not quite. The original design team for Turbosound (who are a few miles south of me) left and started Funktion-one (who are a few miles north of me). I beleive Tony Prince is the genius behind these awesome well respected systems. At PLASA last year, I had a basic F1 system priced at £13K.

Their website is here.

I agree, but you can't put a price on quality..... http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/533.gif

QUOTE (brianmole @ May 30 2006, 07:58 AM)
I beleive Tony Prince is the genius behind these awesome well respected systems. At PLASA last year, I had a basic F1 system priced at £13K.

Their website is here.

Hi Brian,

I think you're getting your Tony's in a twist. It was Mr Andrews that started Funktion-One, not "the royal ruler" (showing my age there!).

QUOTE (RobbieD @ May 30 2006, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (brianmole @ May 30 2006, 07:58 AM)
I beleive Tony Prince is the genius behind these awesome well respected systems.  At PLASA last year, I had a basic F1 system priced at £13K.

Their website is here.

Hi Brian,

I think you're getting your Tony's in a twist. It was Mr Andrews that started Funktion-One, not "the royal ruler" (showing my age there!).

D'OH!..... I got my mucking names fuddled! Spot on Robbie!

That's the lack of sleep mushing my head http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/laugh.gif

D'OH!..... I got my mucking names fuddled! Spot on Robbie!

That's the lack of sleep mushing my head

Doubly silly as I'd mentioned his name in my post before yours....

;)

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum