• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 D.X

D.X

Experienced Contributor

• Community Leader
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:58 PM

Been googling these all day with no success. Found one site that sells them but the pics are broken 014.gif

Where is everyone getting their booths from in Britain ?

#2 Leonna

Leonna

Experienced Contributor

• Community Leader
  • 384 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:39 PM

I wouldn't say they are booths exactly. Try googling for DJ Stands, they tend to come in the 19inch or the longer version (don't know measurement I am afraid). Most good DJ shops should have them. I think people then add their own stand skirts with either starlight type effects or just black cloth. Also invest in another folding table to put your CD's etc on also covered with a cloth to look professional.

Hope that is some use. biggrin.gif

#3 ChrisPointon

ChrisPointon

Forum Owner

• Admin
  • 11,468 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:56 PM

Thomann are selling the 3m x 2m LED starcloth for a bargain 227.01 - add some velcro and an Ultimax style stand and away you go smile.gif

Thomann Website - Item Code for the starcloth is 181055

Why Buy New - New, Ex-Demo and Graded Disco Equipment at below retail prices

The Glow Factory - Bulk Discounts on Glow Sticks

#4 Eskie

Eskie

Never stops eating!

• Community Leader
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (D.X @ Jun 22 2006, 05:58 PM)
Been googling these all day with no success. Found one site that sells them but the pics are broken 014.gif

If you mean the Starcloth Dj booths, you can get them direct from the manufacturer, S&H
(put your mouse over "Products" then click on DJ Booths).
They're far from cheap though and are in fact an obscene price for what they are, BUT they are very hard wearing and look superb and really add a touch of elegance to your show and the more upmarket venues love them.
These are made from the quality hard-wearing fireproofed black wool serge starcloth and not the cheaper crinkly prolight versions.
Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.
www.facebook.com/awe.dj

#5 spinner

spinner

DJU Veteran

• Community Leader
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Eskie @ Jun 22 2006, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (D.X @ Jun 22 2006, 05:58 PM)
Been googling these all day with no success. Found one site that sells them but the pics are broken  014.gif

If you mean the Starcloth Dj booths, you can get them direct from the manufacturer, S&H
(put your mouse over "Products" then click on DJ Booths).
They're far from cheap though and are in fact an obscene price for what they are, BUT they are very hard wearing and look superb and really add a touch of elegance to your show and the more upmarket venues love them.
These are made from the quality hard-wearing fireproofed black wool serge starcloth and not the cheaper crinkly prolight versions.

I second that.

Having had a Prolight one ( which I sold within a week of buying ) and now an S&H one I have to say there is no comparison.

The basic S&H booth costs nearly 5 times as much as the Prolight. However it does come with a frame ( the Prolight doesn't ) and undoubtedly looks the biz.

Mine has attracted quite a few compliments from venue owners/managers who are impressed with its elegant appearance and it sets me apart from other operators.

It is also a great selling point to brides in that it complements the overall appearance of a smart wedding reception.

#6 lateandlive

lateandlive

Occasional Contributor

• Regular Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:54 PM

anyone got a picture of either their S+H booth, or a copy of the site picture.....'cos thats the one image that won't work for me! mad.gif

#7 D.X

D.X

Experienced Contributor

• Community Leader
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Leonna @ Jun 22 2006, 05:39 PM)
I wouldn't say they are booths exactly. Try googling for DJ Stands,

Thanks, this produced much better results thumbup.gif

#8 Eskie

Eskie

Never stops eating!

• Community Leader
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (lateandlive @ Jun 22 2006, 10:54 PM)
anyone got a picture of either their S+H booth, or a copy of the site picture.....'cos thats the one image that won't work for me! mad.gif

'ere u go smile.gif
user posted image
Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.
www.facebook.com/awe.dj

#9 D.X

D.X

Experienced Contributor

• Community Leader
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:10 PM

How much do the S&H Starcloths cost including the metal frame ?

#10 spinner

spinner

DJU Veteran

• Community Leader
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:27 AM

Around 700 with static ( as opposed to flashing ) starcloth lamps.

They're not usually available from stock and take roughly a week from order to collection or delivery.

#11 D.X

D.X

Experienced Contributor

• Community Leader
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (spinner @ Jul 3 2006, 07:27 AM)

They're not usually available from stock and take roughly a week from order to collection or delivery.

That's a lot, will probably have to stay away frrom that initially fear.gif

I went to a lighting shop in the week and saw a similar starcloth for 150. Will it be of crap quality or something ?

#12 spinner

spinner

DJU Veteran

• Community Leader
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (D.X @ Jul 9 2006, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (spinner @ Jul 3 2006, 07:27 AM)

That's a lot, will probably have to stay away frrom that initially fear.gif

I went to a lighting shop in the week and saw a similar starcloth for 150. Will it be of crap quality or something ?

Yes, if it's the Prolight or similar. I had one and whilst it was too small for my stand and I couldn't use it that wasn't the only reason I sold it on.

The material was thin, shiny and ( probably ) synthetic and the way it was meant to fit to a DJ stand was not that great ( in my opinion ).

The S&H booth comes with a frame which folds flat for travelling and the starcloth is custom made to fit the frame with velcro strips. Once assembled the whole thing will envelope a 4 ft DJ stand. The material is heavyweight serge and there is simply no comparison between it and the Prolight version.

700 may be a lot more but you really do get what you pay for and it certainly does look the part.

#13 cj_65

cj_65

Regular Contributor

• Regular Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:15 AM

or look for Chris' instructions on how to make one yourself 8)

Can't find the thread this morning 8(

#14 Award Entertainment

Award Entertainment

New Zealand Wedding DJ & MC

• Moderated
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:23 PM

It's not too hard to make your own. That way you can tailor it to your exact requirements, rather than having to 'make do' with a generic product. Here's the solution I came up with for my set up: Click
Richard Mills- Professional Master of Ceremonies & DJ
Award Entertainment Ltd, Wellington, New Zealand
Member of the DJ Association of New Zealand & Wellington Audio Association

Call me for a chat, but please remember I'm 12 hours ahead!
Ph. mobile +6427 446 6064 or after hours on +644 589 9992
Proud member Wedding DJ Association (WDJA), DJ Association of NZ (DJANZ), Wellington Audio Association (WAA)

Don't aim to satisfy your clients - delight, inspire and enthuse them..... Exceed 'satisfied'.

#15 alicat

alicat

Experienced Contributor

• Moderated
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:27 PM

How about this:

http://www.argos.co....ber/5408061.htm

Then a 12mm Plywood top secured onto the stand with 4 coachbolts and wingnuts

Then get some black cloth to drape over the whole assembly.

Wait until September time, pop down to the DIY store and get LED Xmas lights in a criss cross pattern (around 4 inches square) that will hang underneath the black cloth and shine through it.

They are low voltage so quite safe and don't give off any heat.

This works great for me and costs around 50

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users