Dj's United

VJ01 from Numark, another BIG disappointment!

I just don't get it. I almost have the whole collection of Promo Only Hot Videos music video dvd's (from the 70's 'till now) and I was sooo much looking forward for this machine to show up on the market (Still with doubts, since my last experience with the CDmix 3, see past review).

The problem? Simply this. Once you put the dvd into the machine you have to press the ''skip'' button until you reach your track. The Promo Only dvd's have about 40 music videos on each! The skip also only works once the machine started playing the track! It will take you more than a minute or two until you reach your 40th track. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/wallbash.gif

Solution? I just can't beleive they didn't think of this... why not put a keypad from 0 to 9, like the ones found on 50$ dvd player's remote control in order to get to your dvd track? I'll stick to my 50$ players until they can come out with the VJ02!

I have 2 dvd players hooked up to 2 cheap portable dvd players that I use for monitors. I hook them up to a manual switcher, and voilà! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif OK, I don't have pitch control or video transition effects, but for my use, my customers and crowd are amazed enough by dancing to those music videos on a 99 inch screen!

Thanks for reading!

QUOTE (crazypole_com @ Jul 21 2006, 01:07 PM)
The skip also only works once the machine started playing the track! It will take you more than a minute or two until you reach your 40th track. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/wallbash.gif

Solution? I just can't beleive they didn't think of this... why not put a keypad from 0 to 9,

I'd wager that they want to keep the control layout as un-cluttered as possible and so avoided having either 1 or 2 x 3 inch square keypad on the machine.

Similarly Remote controls and Pro-disco equipment dont tend to stay together for a long and happy relationship... A couple of the circa 90's Denon CD-decks had a remote control with a devastating operational range (around 40 metres) - the problem was, the remotes would either get lost, broken, or become souveneirs. For this reason, having some additional (eg: Not on front panel) controls on a loose remote perhaps isnt ideal either.

No real reason for Numark not to have a Skip 10+ and Skip 10- button alongside the skip+/skip- buttons though...

But....try these couple of ideas....might not work, but try em anyway.

* When you're on Track 1, press the Skip - (minus) button. Do you get taken to track 40? IF this works, it means that if you wanted say, track 33 on a 40 track disc, you could get there in 7 presses...(still long winded, but better than forward only).

* If you press the Skip+ button and hold it for say....2~5 seconds does it jump you 10 tracks instead of 1...

I've not played with the skip buttons on a VJ1, but I'd have thought that it would have been a nice feature if at least one of the two options above work...but then again...

I have not seen this player but could it be like the CD Mix 3 whereby you can press "skip or next" then immediately spin the jog wheel to the desired track???