Dj's United

abstract gladiator 1ce barrel

need some advice please.

abstract gladiator was working fine on stand alone. then i conected all three together using dmx cables and one of them packed up on me.

have changed the bulb and the fuse with one of the working lights but its still not working. goes through its start up where the barrell shakes but just no light. put the bulb and fuse back in the other light and they work fine.

so any advice would be appreciated.

cheers

jim

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

QUOTE (superstardeejay @ Jul 22 2006, 11:59 PM)
This effect sometimes suffers burnt faston connectors around the mains transformer or PCB. If these are ok, suspect the lamp holder.

thanks for the info superstardeejay.

faston / PCB ? think its time for a visit to the repairer.

cheers

jim

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

QUOTE (dj007 @ Jul 22 2006, 04:58 PM)
need some advice please.
abstract gladiator was working fine on stand alone. then i conected all three together using dmx cables and one of them packed up on me.
have changed the bulb and the fuse with one of the working lights but its still not working. goes through its start up where the barrell shakes but just no light. put the bulb and fuse back in the other light and they work fine.
so any advice would be appreciated.
cheers
jim

I had a similar problem with the Acme Colortec colour changer although it may not apply in your case.

Lamp would blow, I'd replace it and the unit would go through its DMX start-up routine but the lamp wouldn't light.

Turned out to be a badly specified resistor. My local repair shop substituted an uprated one and all was well.

Have you tryed the light with out any dmx input or cables in it?

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

yep, tried it on stand alone sound to light.

ive changed the bulb twice and swopped the fuse with the working light but with no luck.

both bulbs and fuse work fine in the working unit so im very http://bestsmileys.com/clueless/1.gif at the moment.

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.