Dj's United

QUOTE (DJ Danny B @ Aug 8 2006, 11:06 AM)
i seen a purelight green 60mw one being demoed a few weeks ago and i like it lol and there only £134.99. not dmx though just sound to light but im not bothered.

I think ill be going for the dynamo's first then add others later. Also can the dynamos be set to do other things like move oposite ways and stuff by changing dip switches?

Danny

yes they can,off the top of my head i think its dip switch10 ,dynamos are a great set we use 4 the only problem with them is the amount of white strobbing they do.

I generally do not use my Dynamo's at weddings and formal functions untill late into the proceedings. We have the Stairville controller and my son writes programs for them on the 'fly' for each venue. Used in conjuction with stored scenes and then set up into chases they are very good value for money. He is so quick that generally takes about 15 minutes to produce a floor,wall, ceiling and general program with suitable colours to suit the venue. The hand controller is ok for general use and does quite well. Only draw back is the strobe effect in fast mode but a few button presses sorts that out. That said it can be used to geat effect for dance tracks.

You will need something to Fill the venue with colour for a 'softer' effect. General advice now is to look towards the discharge type of light as although more expensive is cheaper in the long term. LED lights are coming on strong and the LED par cans are good value from Thoman but still only for 'smaller' venues like pubs. But four will give you a good DMX multi couour effect for about £220. Rumour has it that there is a new LED par can about to be released that is three times the power of the present ones.

Jimbo

Digital Fusion Entertainments

Bose L1 system user.

If you're interested in scans, can i suggest you look at thomann or search ebay international for eurolite or HQ.

They're the same lights only seem to be much cheaper in Germany. As Germany's vat is 16% you'll end up paying a very sim,ilar amount to what it says on ebay.

You can currently buy Futurelight 575 scans (rotating gobos, prisms, dimmer, 8ch) for £350 which is obscenely cheap considering the spec

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

ok i was thinking about getting 4 head dynamo's and 2 head Rovers but im not quite sure what else except for those par cans. Do you think a few datamoons or dj squeezes will do the job? because like you said i wont be using the scanners untill late on into the disco.

thomann is excellent and i own a pair of the eurolite scanners all the prices on the thomann site are inclusive of vat and so you do not get stung by the customs since the vat is paid locally carriage from thomann in germany is also cheaper than many uk dealers a snip at around £7

thomann lighting range

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_online_catalogue_li.html

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

QUOTE (McCardle @ Aug 12 2006, 12:52 AM)
a snip at around £7

thomann lighting range
http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_online_catalogue_li.html

I find it hard to believe they can make money at that price, I had 4x 15" active speaker cabinets, a behringer splitter/mixer, 4x covers for the speakers and some smaller bits and bobs sent for the £7. Last time I telephoned them to add an item to a current order they said that the £7 (actually 10 euros) shipping charge was for as much as you wanted to order, regardless of quantity or weight.

The other advantage with Thomann is they offer both a minimum 3 years warranty and also a 30 day money back guarantee, not many UK companies offer that. http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_faq_112.html

Their service is outstanding and their prices are pretty much always cheaper than UK retailers and often cheaper than you will find s/hand on ebay. Downside is delivery usually takes about 5-7 working days for larger orders and 4-5 for smaller.

My first port of call when I need/fancy new kit.

Eddie.

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

Worth checking this place out too, you'll need to use google translation but they post to Europe (so that'll include us!) and seem to be around £50 cheaper per head than Thomann (if thats possible!)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ATLD-Ton-Licht-Se...7QQftidZ2QQtZkm

The lights are all the same apart from being branded by different companies to what we normally see over here, and it doesn't take much to see which ones.

Still curious why we pay through the nose for things like the MDS250 iSolution head when they can do the same thing for £150 in Germany....

wow those ebay prices are amazing have you actually bought anything from them norty303? i may now have to consider more lighting http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/tongue.gif

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Not yet, but I'm planning on some Futurelight DJ scan 575's and there's another place in Germany (search for Futurelight on international and you'll find them) that also takes paypal so they take care of all the currency conversion at no charge (unlike your bank!)

I'm specifically after high output heads/scans with rotating fx and at that price point you just have no other competition! Every other manufacturer comes in around £1000 for those features.

You can get the rotating gobo MSD 250/2 scanner for ~£150, thats gotta be good value, especially when you compre to the UK branded equivalent of £300+ or Thomann's version £50+ more.

Yes I had a Yamaha keyboard from Thomann, everything was first-class, and despite myself being in the trade, Thomann supplied at around £150 less than I could order from a UK supplier.

If anything arrives faulty/damaged from new, they re-collect from your doorstep for free. (never had to use this). Their internet security is excellent and they use alot of personal emails for the transaction.

I'm planning on some Futurelight DJ scan 575's

These are nice scanners, made by Robe I think?? Very nice indeed, go for it.

Well unless i suddenly find i have a rich dying auntie, they'll have to do in place of the Martin 918's....

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/smile.gif

I heard you mention Acme Winners and Rovers............

I have two of each and run them through dmx on my rig........

So far I can't complain. They are good units with a good solid Bright Light.

The only real downside I will give is there size and weight.......

Defo reccommended from me.

Splosh

Splosh

Web: www.2jsroadshow.co.uk

jon@2jsroadshow.co.uk

Oh I think the Futurelight optics are probably better.

Than the 918's? Or am i getting the wrong end?

I've used Futurelight stuff before and been impressed, but Martin are just fantastic, not just a name brand. Too pricey for the amount of work i do really though apart from their cheaper 2nd hand stuff.

The ACME lights are the same as the Chauvet Intimidator (scan) and insignia (barrel) btw. Good value for money, but starting to get outgunned for the cash by these newer Martin MX style knockoffs.

ok, i took the plunge and ordered 2 of these from the ebay site

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EUROLITE-TB-5-DMX-Ro...oQQcmdZViewItem

to compliment the existing two scanners i bought from thomann and i also sent a couple of questions by email too which were replied to quickly and in english http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif at these prices they are a bargain