Dj's United

Hi everyone. Just bought a pair of Funky passion barrel scanners second hand from Ebay. I was looking for some affordable dmx linkable scanners that looked impressive. Brand new they are about £115.00 each (now thats cheap, trust me!) I bought the pair second hand for £130.00 and they were like new. many thanks to the seller who was very honest in his description of them! I beleive, that Funky is EU lightings brand of budget dj equipment. The lights have a barrel scanner which has pan tilt and rotation. There are 16 gobo shapes (i think) and i can't remember how many colours. They are very bright and are stunning when linked together. they run via sound to light and the microphone sensitivity can be adjusted. What i really like is that when the sound levels are low, or you turn the mic sensitivity knob to its lowest setting, the lights carry on sequencing but very very slowly. This gives a great effect throughout a venue when perhaps someone is making a speech or everyones eating etc etc. For the same price you can also buy one called Funky Fever which is the same light but uses a flat mirror rather than a barrel. And they can all be linked together. If you had 4 or 6 of these on your lighting rig they would provide a very good value stunning lightshow. I do not work for EU or Funky before anyone says anything, i am just very impressed with the lights and i genuinely cannot fault them up to press. If anyone wants to know anything more please do not hesitate to ask.

Bob

All stuck together with the finest DJ glue.

Ladiees an gennelmennn....the buffet is now open.

i am a little wary of the quality of budget lighting equipment from funky after a recent demo so dont forget to come back and update your review in 12 or 24 months time and if they are still working i will admit that i was wrong http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/fear.gif i paid just a few pounds more for scanners from Thomann and i have to admit they are better constructed more robust and smoother running than anything in the same price bracket in the uk

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_eurolite_ts5_...r_prodinfo.html

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

I have looked at those scanners from Germany via your link and yes they do look more robust. I went to the trouble of making a flight case to put my Funky passion scanners in which had seperate partitions in it so they couldn't possibly touch and get damaged. So hopefully they will last with regards to damage in transit.

Bob

All stuck together with the finest DJ glue.

Ladiees an gennelmennn....the buffet is now open.