Dj's United

I just found these on thomann and thought they were quite considering they have a discharge. I just wanted to check if they are actually good, the only thing i really want to know about is the bulb because they are only £20 from there when i thought discharge bulbs are normally like 70-80 but is that because there not much better than Halogen and ELC???

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_eurolite_ts15...n_prodinfo.html

This one takes a normal bulb and it comes with the light.....

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_eurolite_ts5_...r_prodinfo.html

Which would you go for?

Danny

discharge lamps last longer than halogen and burn brighter so you get what you pay for and 4 what it is worth i bought the halogen versions and they are fantastic and i am very happy with my decision but on the flip side since then many others have mentioned that perhaps the discharge version was the better buy in the long run

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

The discharge versions also burn with a colder colour temp, more ice blue than bright sunlight.

are your versions the MSD 250/2 or the 150's?

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

Oh discharge all the way!!! They rarely 'blow' but merely fade gradually over the years, meaning you won't turn up at a gig with one embarassingly blown lamp. They're also lighter on the load, worthwhile if your venue's only got a couple of 13A sockets to use!

As always, check the cost of replacement lamps, but most mobile disco's will get several YEARS of use from one lamp rather than weeks from a halogen.