Dj's United

Hi ppl

My names ash..

Im 18 from India..

I always wanted to be a dj but i just dont know what to do and how to do it..

I was hoping some of u could lend me a hand..

i havent bought any equipment yet and i need a lotta help in that

Now buyin equipment will probably be expensive..

Price is a very important factor for me..

It will be difficult to generate a large amount of money..I aint that rich.. http://www.chrispointon.f2s.com/Forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

i just need the basics first and if u guys could give me any information.. its really gonna help

So please help me out here..

i could really use a hand

players....mixers....i need the works...

Hi,

I'm not sure what the dealer network is like in India, or what brands of Audio and Lighting equipment are available locally?.

If you are looking to do basic mobile type D.J work then you don't need to spend a whole lot of money on a mixer, since even a basic 2 Channel Mixer with a Microphone input will do the job. However, if you intend to learn how to mix then you'll need to invest a little bit more in a mixer.

So for a mixer - at least a 2 channel type with at least one input for a mic. EQ Controls (Bass, Treble etc) are also useful if you are using it for Mobile. The Price of something like this would be around £50 - £70 depending on features.

You can convert all my £'s prices to your local currency HERE

For music - CD players or Turntables will be required, most D.J's now use CD (Or even MP3) for music, There are a wide range of CD Players available, but for basic work then one of the cheaper ones will be fine. A Cheap Dual CD will cost you around £200 or a pair of turntables anything between £150 and £250 for the pair.

Amplifier - well you should be thinking of an Amplifier rated at least 250 Watts Per channel - Our Soundlab SP500 is a good example, from us this would cost around £150.

Speakers - Again rated to suit your amplifier (See my thread of choosing an Amp & Speakers for more information). The price of speakers can vary depending on the make, expect to pay around £130 - £200 for a pair of Speakers suitable for a 250W per channel amplifier.

So thats your basic Audio System. For lighting, a lot of this is personal choice but an additional £150 would get you a couple of lighting effects and a tripod stand.

Like I say, I don't know what makes of equipment are available in India, but the most competitively priced brands to look out for, are Soundlab, Kam, Gemini, Skytronic and American DJ , if you can buy these locally then you should be able to get a good deal pricewise.

Other Good, but slightly more expensive mixers include:- Vestax, Behringer and Denon

Unfortunately, I don't export goods, so i'm unable to offer you a quote on a suitable system, so I can only offer you advice.

Regards

Chris