Dj's United

• 2 months later...

Its not there http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

Same here, but be careful, I would rather spend the extra on a Martin one.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

• 2 months later...

Same here, but be careful, I would rather spend the extra on a Martin one.

Dude's, Martin don't make anything like this. If you wanna know more go to the Digital Light Topic.

Cheers,

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/thumbup.gif

• 5 months later...

MARTIN!!!

Looks like a good light but would take persuading to buy.

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

• 3 months later...

Highend, are one of the best manufacturers around! ok most of there equipment is aimed at the Concert and TV industry, they are still one of the best, they are if anything on a par with Martin or maybe above, the most spec'd lights in the concert and TV industry are Highend Studio Colours, Studio Beam PC's, Martin Mac500, 600, 2000, 2000 performance, and 2000 wash, also the recent Mac550. (these are the main ones I have come across.

Gareth

Gareth Foster

Freelance Lighting and Sound Engineer

Gareth u know wat your on about!!!

Martin has the public rep for the industry standard, but when stuff from Highend, Coemar, etc kick the ar$e of a MAC....

??Has Martin stepped into LED??

Highend lighting is good. I would love 4 Cyberlight Scanners but think they look little out of place on my disco. Little on the large size! Shall have to wait until I win the Lottery and put them in my nightclub lol.

Oh no not martin If I am most definately a ROBE person myself martin's direct contender create the same lights with more functions at a cheaper price. Martin lights cost way to much for what they do and the only reason they get sales is because it has become standard but I can see that changing in the next year or so.

Matt

Some had been lookin on the Plasa stand i think! I hadnt ever seen much about Robe until I went to Plasa. I rather liked the lighting they had on their stand. Especially the projector moving head

Had a look at the website, much the same as Mac500/600's.

No prices, I presume they are cheaper than the Macs ?

BTW Did a gig last week, had to set up 38 Mac's 500 and 600's !!!

Your Big Event

As most of my lighting is Martin have to stand up for them I'm afraid! Can't go wrong with Martin. Havent had any hands on experience with Robe YET though!

• 3 weeks later...

38 Movers!!!! I just finished installin and programin 6 coemar prospots, 4 TAS Ultra Scan 200MSDs and 4 Gladiator Rev's...... and I thought that was alot!!

Wat did u use the martins on??

Ajay

By the way, I don't really like the coemars, little buggers to program!!!

• 4 weeks later...

38 movers? thats a small job then.... try rigging a full concert with 130 odd movers, now we are talking http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif and yeah I know my stuff, after all I am a Lighting Tech, and have worked some of the most notable gigs in the past few years including Jubilee Concerts in the palace gardens, Bon Jovi in Hyde park. Robe are very good, but simply are not been spec1d on the big gigs as much as Highend, Martin and also Vari*lite and a bit of history for all you guys, Vari*lite was the first moving light company, and they invented the very first moving head in 1981 called the VL1 which was debuted on the Genesis tour. IIRC High End or Clay Paky was the first comapny to release the Scanner, so Martin if you think about it are newcomers in a way.

Gareth Foster

Freelance Lighting and Sound Engineer

Blimey 38 movers!!!!

I have done 25 movers and 10 scanners.. that was fun but then again these aint really for the Disco market!!

A mac500 on the road? its as big as a speaker! fine in a large stadium or the Apollo theatre.

But for a compact mover, i like the Robes and the Pearl River pilot 300 range... they are good value and a good size. and for a wash mover i like the Pearl River Pilot wash.

They both are good effects, for bands, clubs and large discos

They are my recomendations for those of you looking for something like a mac500 but with more features and a compact size!

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/thumbup.gif

Edited by High Fidelity

The only UK number 1 record to contain in its lyrics the title of the song which knocked it off number 1 was... Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (lyric: "Mamma Mia")!

The Forums Computer Nutter and expert!

Discos, Lighting and Sound Reinforcement in and around

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Gloustershire and Buckinghamshire etc...

Special FX Entertainment Services

You cant go wrong with scanners especially for mobile DJ use. And you have the option of moving the light about. And also the size is a lot more compact!

38 Movers!!!! I just finished installin and programin 6 coemar prospots, 4 TAS Ultra Scan 200MSDs and 4 Gladiator Rev's...... and I thought that was alot!!

Wat did u use the martins on??

It was the stage show that White Stripes, Van Morrison, The Darkness and a few other bigger band had used in the previous nights gigs.

Edited by ADS Entertainments

Your Big Event

• 4 weeks later...

Lucky,

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/notworthy.gif

The most I have done in lighting is One niteclub (2 levels, 2 liteshows) and 2 bands.

Concidering I'm only 17 and it took me 3days to nut out showcad dos! I would like to get up to the size you's are playing with! What controllers do you uses?

Ajay