Dj's United

Vote for your Favourite domain name

Hi all

As some of you will know, I've been running a contest from my web site, web address in my signature.

I've now shortlisted 5 finalists for a public vote.

I'd really apreciate you popping over and placing a vote for your favourite as I really want the best one to win.

the domain will be used to set up a site for a new venture I'm working on.

I'll be offering a service whereby individuals and organisations will be able to build their own site for a specific event, eg. Wedding, school reunion, family get together etc.

the idea is that all friends, family, colleagues etc will be able to join in and contribute.

This is part of my phasing out DJ work as I've just about had enough of it.

But I'd still like to be involved in a similar industry.

Thanks in advance.

Darren H

Take a listen to Music Matters, the Big Mix Entertainment podcast, featuring music from the Podsafe Music Network.

I voted.

Everything with hyphens in went out the window straight away. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif

Hi Hug. Am I allowed to say I didn't care for any of them? I did vote, because that's the point, but it was merely a process of eliminating the ones I disliked the most.

Happy Memories sounds a little posthumous.

Memorable Milestones is just toooo long.

Like Gary, I don't like hyphens in domain names either.

Sos mate.

[insert quirky comment]

1st of all Darren I'm surprised you wanna leave the DJ fraternity because from the sound of things you were doing more than OK http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/533.gif

When you raised this subject I did put in a suggestion - I can't remember what it was but I don't think having a competition is the best way to determine the name of your future business - getting suggestions yes but ultimately the final choice should be yours going by gut feeling and what you feel comfortable with.

Good luck with your new venture http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/smile.gif

Hi all

Cheers for the responses.

Ironic isn't it that yes the actual DJ work is really busy, never been better, I've just lost all my enthusiasm and passion for it, and I promised myself that I'd never do anything I wasn't passionate about, and it's now more about getting the money than DJing.

Regarding the contest...

I had over 200 entries so that's quite a list to shortlist, so I sent the list to several of my friends and a couple of marketing people and asked them to send me their 10 favourite names.

That got it down the a final 18, it was then just a case of contacting them again a shortlisting.

To be honest, I might not use the winner, I may well come up with something of my own, but it seemed like a great way of letting people know that this service was coming so they're already aware when it happens.

If you've voted, many thanks, if you haven't get to it!

Cheers

Darren

Take a listen to Music Matters, the Big Mix Entertainment podcast, featuring music from the Podsafe Music Network.