Dj's United

Just seen this on the net thougth i would post it here -

James Blunt's "Goodbye My Lover" is the song most requested at funerals and remembrance services, closely followed by Robbie Williams's "Angels", according to a survey released on Monday.

Research for the Bereavement Register found just over a half (51 percent) of people ask for a specific song be played at their funeral and 79 percent have talked with family and friends about possible song choices.

The survey of 5,000 people also uncovered some unusual final

choices for the final goodbye with rock songs like "I'll Sleep When I am Dead" by Bon Jovi, competing with classical tracks and soul.

"The top 20 really shows how far we have come in terms of saying goodbye.

"Everyone has a favourite song that means something very special to them, often connected to a particular time and place. When the song is played this can be a very emotive reminder of that person," he said in a statement.

Although fashions change there have been some consistent favourites over recent years like "Wind Beneath My Wings" at number four and "Candle In The Wind" -- a reworked version of which played at Princess Diana's funeral in 1997 -- which was at number six.

Many of the songs represented the different ages of the deceased.

Songs like "Danny Boy" (number 11 in the list) tended to be played at the funerals of the elderly while S Club 7's "Reach For The Stars" (number 20) was more usual at children's funerals, the survey showed.

Others in the top 20 included "Knocking On Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan and, perhaps unexpectedly, Fame's "I Want To Live Forever".

The top 10 requested songs were:

1 - "Goodbye My Lover" - James Blunt

2 - "Angels" - Robbie Williams

3 - "I've Had The Time Of My Life" - Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley

4 - "Wind Beneath My Wings" - Bette Midler

5 - "Pie Jesu" - Requiem

6 - "Candle In The Wind" - Elton John

7 - "With Or Without You" - U2

8 - "Tears In Heaven" - Eric Clapton

9 - "Every Breath You Take - The Police

10 -"Unchained Melody" - Righteous Brothers.

So....no requests for "Living in a box" then... http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/huh.gif

Or Down Under...

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

I have left instructions that "I'm on fire" by Springstein is played as I go through the curtains.......... http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/whistling.gif

or 'I Want to Live Forever'

Most of the funerals I've attended seem to have 'My Way' playing - where did this appear on the list?

At our fund-raiser on Sunday we were given the sad news that a regular had died that morning.

After announcing this, naturally I played a song for him. But I pointed out that it was his second favourite track (Blanket On The Ground) as I felt his favourite was not really suitable in the circumstances.

Unfortunately his favourite was "He'll Have To Go". http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/huh.gif

By the way, djsounds (David) it was that old chap, Sid, who dived in to help you when you covered at the Woodberry.

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic

I used to work with a guy who had the big C and so knew he was going to die young. This did give him the opportunity to prepare, however.

As well as sorting out his affairs, telling everyone how much they meant to him he was able to plan his own funeral. Numerous tracks were played but the one that stands out was the Kirsty MacColl version of Days. The lyrics were very meaningful - "...Thank you for the days..."

[insert quirky comment]