Dj's United

thanks to paul for arranging the meetup and snacks. thanks to mr mitchell for the sound system demo.

i personally was impressed but think the price tag is way too much.

was really great to meet some of you lads and ladies and put faces to each of you :Thumbup:

hopefully if we meet again i'll bring my karaoke and we can have a bigger laugh.

steve i promise wen i'm back of my hols i'll sort elton for you, it slipped out of my head :aa

going to benidorm for a week on saturday and will let you know how they do it over there.

thanks again paul for letting me just turn up unannounced :Thumbup:

DJ FOGGY

PROFESSIONAL DJ+KJ+SOLO VOCALIST

WEDDING SINGER+COVERED UP DUO

TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH PIPER

S.I.A LICENCED DOOR SUPERVISOR

COVERING NORTH WEST AND UK

WEB SITE=www.makemyday2012.co.uk

E-MAIL: djfpromos2@yahoo.co.uk

MOBILE: 07591 755 743

PLI: YES

PAT TESTED: YES

MU MEMBER 490895

CRB CLEARED 09th Feb 2011

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Guys It was a pleasure to meet some of you again and some of you for the first time.

Big Thank you to Paul (high fidelity) for organsing and to his wife for a lovely spread of food.

And obviously thanks have to go to Steve for bring along the bose system for us to hear - no where else would we have got the chance to hear the system at work.

I also found the chat after the bose trial very interseting, good to brainstorm with fellow dj's. So as to making it a regular thing I think the answer is a definate yes.

I think we are quite lucky to have dukesy having moved to our area he has some great ideas and experiances I certainly know I can learn from, also nice to have a fellow southerner to back me up against these northeners lol.

As for the bose system it does tick a lot of box's and does sound very clear clarity wises.

But im still not 100% convienced because

1) The PRICE !!!

2) Yes the sound carrys better than standard speakers but is this what clients want ??

we all know the table that gets put right next to the disco is always the last to be filled, why ?? cause they are worried of it being too loud, but the problem with the bose is there is no escaping the sound ie in the large room it was just as loud on the dancefloor as it was at the bar at the other end of the room. Problem ?? Maybe.

It may have been diferent if the room was full of peeps rather than just us but may have to join steve on a job to confirm that.

3) All tho there is the advantage of it being lighter and easy to set up. It does equal more actual trips to the car which in some venues is not a problem where as at others could be a pain in the backside. ie steve's set up would take 5 car trips to get all the bits in where as normal speakers take 1 or 2 ??

This said I wouldnt write the system off completly and maybe in a years time I may have one myself but at present jury is out and i'll sit on the fence about this one.

Or in 2009 I may change my mind when steve does my wedding reception lol

Paul could you add some names for that last photo so that I if I'm ever in the area I will know when to cross the street. smile icon

Q. What do you call a collection of DJs

A. :fear:

A HORROR :dan+ju:

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

The only comment I would like to make about the photos is to Steve ........

When you put the B1s on their side you can also swivel the logo - makes them sound a hell of a lot better to sceptics too :joe:

Paul could you add some names for that last photo so that I if I'm ever in the area I will know when to cross the street. smile icon

The Dirty Dozen! :D

The only comment I would like to make about the photos is to Steve ........

When you put the B1s on their side you can also swivel the logo - makes them sound a hell of a lot better to sceptics too :joe:

I did have a look at that last week. I was worried though if I turned them they would break off.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

I was worried though if I turned them they would break off.

ditto!

[insert quirky comment]

Ditto !!

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

The logo has a square peg in the middle that must have a spring of some sort behind it. If you take the 'B' with one finger & thumb and the 'S' with the other hand and gently pull the logo out you can turn it to the desired position. Once you let go it springs back.

Cheers Paul, will try that next time I have them out.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

I've just looked at the 'collective shot' of you lot, with the names......

I'm thinking - would I buy a secondhand car off that lot??! :D

So - it has to be 'A Blag Of DJs'.

Or after another look, maybe 'A Munch Of DJs'...... :hide:

The logo has a square peg in the middle that must have a spring of some sort behind it. If you take the 'B' with one finger & thumb and the 'S' with the other hand and gently pull the logo out you can turn it to the desired position. Once you let go it springs back.

Well there you go everyday's a school day :joe:

Am doing a students union bash tonight so I`ll try to turn my ose sign then,,,,

Saying that they`ll be under my table so I don`t need to...

Steve

You broke it trying didn't you tongue out icon

:bouncy:

Yea the `B` snapped off.

Steve

Yea the `B` snapped off.

do they sound any different without the b

Yea the `B` snapped off.

do they sound any different without the b

He just bought the cheap Taiwanese cloned version and is trying to pass it off as a genuine Bose.

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens