Dj's United

As most of you know we have a dj pool here comprising of 8 djs , we have all been working together for the last 4 years and the thing really worked. I have been cutting down the club djing due to ill health (going deaf amongst oher things ) and have only been gigging every other week for the last couple of months. I should have stopped completely in July but one of our djs went down with testicular cancer and i was carrying on until he came back because he was to continue the dj pool and i wanted to make sure his future was secured. Just been called and told that he died at 6 oclock this evening ,28 years old.

His name was Kim Johansen and he was a rare talent , he came from a tiny town just about on the arctic circle , (a town where both eskie and i played in the late 80s) and at the age of 18 he moved to the second largest city in Norway, Trondheim, where he became an established, hard house ,trance dj which he continued doing until he moved north again and started with our dj pool. His mixing was astounding on both vinyl and cd and he was willing to use a mic and get out among the crowd, working clubs and mobile gigs with the same high level of proffesionalism and reliability. He was in short our towns djing future. Unfortunately he did not even know he had cancer until he collapsed in March this year and was diagnosed as having testicular cancer which had spread up his spine and formed a tumour on the brain. After numerous rounds of chemo and operations he texted me last week saying he felt awful but was now finished with his treatments and was on his way back. Unfortunately that wasnt to be and tonight his heart stopped beating, we think he had been told he had more cancer and his body gave up. What a waste, A great loss, may he rest in peace.

Edited by C.S

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Terrible, terrible shame Chris. My thoughts are with you and his friends and family.

[insert quirky comment]

Bloody hell. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/sad.gif

He hadn't even really started out on the road of life at that age - far too young to die.

There's an important lesson in there for the lads....

Sorry to hear that Chris.

It was obvious during our meeting the esteem you held him in.

It's always sad when a young life is lost, all the more so to a disease such as cancer as the months/years prior to the death are filled with such pain and suffering.

Just reinforces the need to live your lives to the full whilst you are able.

Edited by EdBray

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

Life can sometimes seem so cruel http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/sad.gif

Awful news Chris, but unfortunately these things do seem to happen and we just have to carry on. Chin up mate, at least the only blessing is that he's no longer in pain.

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

Thanks guys, special thanks to Steve Mitchell who sent some LFC supporter stuff for him earlier this year.

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

I remember you posting about him some months ago, and speaking of the hope and courage that he had in fighting the disease, and it seemed that he kept this right until the end and never gave up.

We speak of heroes on the football field and TV, but I think its Kim, and other like him, who show true courage in real life adversity who really deserve the title.

Sincere Condolences

Terrible terrible shame, you know what they say about the young, at that tender age he must have been GOOD! My thoughts are with you.

I once read about the evils of heavy drinking ................ so I've stopped reading

COPYWIGHT: Elmer Fudd 1956, All wights wesewved.

I think we all know someone who has been touched by this terrible illness. 28 is such a young age.

Sincere condolences. A sad day.

This is the first post I`v read today and I literally feel sick now, especially as I read on and learnt this was the guy I sent some Liverpool stuff over for.

A sad time for you Chris and his family. As Eskie says the pain has gone now.

Remember Kim,

You`ll never walk alone.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

my deepest regards go to you chris, and his family and friends..

Sounds to me, that he was a great asset to our industry, and he will be remembered for that!