Dj's United

Interview With Matt (Eclipse Roadshow)

What happens when the Groom gets caught with his new wifes' sister? Well that's grabbed your attention - read on to find out :rolleyes:

1. What is your DJU Forum Alias?

Eclipse Roadshow

2. What is your Real Name, Age, Location & Marital Status?

Name Matt Age 23 Living with partner. live in Sielby (small village nr Leicester)

3. What is the Name of your Disco?

Eclipse Roadshow

4. How long have you been a DJ?

12 years

5. What inspired you to become a DJ

Always been involved in music, used to run the theatre at college and it just expanded from there, used to have family friend and he dj'd and I used to tag along and I just got hooked

6. Are you a member of a DJ Association / Union?

mmmm Nah

7. What is your favourite type of function now? (eg: Wedding, 18th Birthday party, etc)

18th birthday

8. What’s the worst/most embarrassing thing you've done in front of an audience?

Did a wedding once and forgot the b&g's names, "and heres to mr and mrs ..................... d'oh ......... gis a clue

9. If you could go back to the beginning of your DJ career is there anything that you'd do differently? (eg: The gear that you bought, the way you promoted/advertised yourself)

I wouldn't of taken on my best friend to work with me, he stole a lot of gear and money.

10. What do you feel you offer the public that convinces them to book you rather than "the next guy/girl"?

I'm a very confident person and really enjoy being in front of a crowd, I have a good music selection and also sing part time also (but I cant make balloon animals...............)

11. Have you ever bought something for your show that you wish you hadn't? and why?

Bought some speakers off ebay "300w of fabulous power" ..... yeah yeah skytec 150w speakers and well they ain't much good. been told they're better with the skytec subs but I'm not sure

12. What's your next DJ purchase likely to be?

A new trailer (and possibly a new car to tow it)

13. If you could get someone to invent a new piece of disco equipment for your show, what would it be?

A rig that sets its self up and the pull of a string (like one of those pop up tents)

14. What was the worst equipment failure suffered during a gig?

Was doing a wedding and there was a band as well, he started and then I had to be ready to start when he finished his finale, well it ended up a nightmare, fused the whole function suite I just stood there in disbelief

15. What do you think is the best thing about DJ'ing?

Meeting different people and being part of their special occasions. especially with weddings

16. What do you think is the worst thing about DJ'ing?

The drunken people at the end,,,,, oh come on just another 1

17. What would make you stop DJ'ing (if anything)?

mmm someone nicks me kit????

18. How do you think DJ'ing will change, in the next 5 years?

I think there wont be much of it, I think technology is moving so fast you can buy the "home kits" and the market has been swamped with "bedroom dj's trying to work the circuit (no disrespect to any )

19. Most stupid thing anyone's ever said to you at a gig?

Are you the dj then?

or

have you got ymca?

20. Best advice you were ever given by a fellow DJ?

Be yourself and relax

21. And worst advice you were ever given?

More smoke more smoke

22. How do you keep up to date with music? (eg Promo monthly CDs, Downloads, Purchase from retailer)

Promo cd;s and downloads

23. Name 3 songs that 95% of the time will fill the dance floor for you!

Dolly Parton- 9 to 5

Queen - Don't stop me now

Owt by wham

24. One piece of advice you'd give to someone just starting out

Be yourself and enjoy it, relax

25. What medium format do you mainly use eg vinyl, CD, hard-drive?

70% cd & 30% hard drive

26. Have you embraced/adapted any ideas that you've read about on DJU?

mmmm not that I no to,

27. What is your best gig ever and your worst?

Best gig was a mc "presenting" job for battle of the bands 18 thousand people and me on stage

worse gig was a wedding and the groom got caught with his new wifes sister.

omg I've never seen a women punch like that before.

28. What is your main (most successful) form of advertising your disco?

word of mouth

29. Have you ever had someone try to claim off you? (eg: Public Liability Insurance or other such legal action)

No

30. Add any additional comments which you would like to include here...

Not been a member of dju for long but I gotta say you're a really nice bunch of people and it's a really useful resource! keep it up!

31. How many gigs do you do a year,

minimum 80 per year

how many would you like to do?

- target is 180

32. What is your average charge for a booking?

- £160 minimum

33. How many tracks do you have in your music collection?

mmm unsure I would of thought 1000's cd's hard drive (mp3) and vinyl

I'll count and let you know

great interview,who needs best friends

Mates who respond to PMs would be nice tongue out icon

:otop:

Good interview. :Thumbup:

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens