Dj's United

New Business Proposal

Ok guys some of you know im a newbie here so here goes..

Basically im a club and bar dj at night time but i really want to expand my day time corporate events.

Having recently and over the course of the last couple of years been hired for various retail outlets( either directly or a dj agency) i have come to the point of expanding things.

Basically i am bloody useless at writing a proper proposal letter that i can mail shoot the Marketing Managers in various retail outlets.So any guys here have any good and proper templates of a proposal that i can use??????? You all know the gigs new shop opening/extra club card points/giveaways......Various in store special offers....

I am a mobile dj aswell as a a pub/club dj i did 7 gigs this week 2 club 2 bar and 3 day time gigs-of which one was for a bmw dealership and other 2 was for a big chemist(gig was basically Mcing various offers and giving out prizes and mentioning perfume/make up discounts etc with of course music).

Mods if i posted in wrong section please move.

Regards Ronan

Full Time Professional Dj and M.C.

Residencies Monday & Thursday Storm Drogheda Co. Louth

Friday Morrissons Co. Kilkenny

Saturday Suite 54 Blackrock Dublin.

Im looking for a residency on Tuesday Wednesday or Sunday

gig either south or Northern Ireland.

In my (limited) experience with doing shop openings/promotions they almost always come via an agent. I have had a few where a member of staff has been given the task and has contacted me direct, usually after being at a previous event (& being a glutton for punishment) :dan+ju:

I think the problem with a mail shot to all the shops etc is if they don't have an immediate requirement / or even one in the foreseeable future then your letter will be placed 'on file' and possibly never see daylight again. OK you might strike lucky but I think it would be better to contact some agencies with a letter plus a short resume about you.

We have a few agents as members so they might like to share what they look for in that initial contact and what to avoid.

We have a few agents as members so they might like to share what they look for in that initial contact and what to avoid.

bump bump

Full Time Professional Dj and M.C.

Residencies Monday & Thursday Storm Drogheda Co. Louth

Friday Morrissons Co. Kilkenny

Saturday Suite 54 Blackrock Dublin.

Im looking for a residency on Tuesday Wednesday or Sunday

gig either south or Northern Ireland.