Dj's United

Djf Checking In From Benidorm

hello my brothers and sisters hope you are all well.

i am reporting live from an internet cafe in benidorm and sed i would post and let you know how things are done out here, just been checking my emails and staff that things are ok.

well most of the smaller english ran and speaking bars and clubs when i have been singing on karaoke are ALL using computer or laptop and nearly everyone is using pcdj in one shape or form for music and karaoke.

wil :Thumbup: l be trying as few bigger ones in next copuple of days so will keep you informed.

havnt seen sticky vicky yet so will be soon.

DJ FOGGY

PROFESSIONAL DJ+KJ+SOLO VOCALIST

WEDDING SINGER+COVERED UP DUO

TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH PIPER

S.I.A LICENCED DOOR SUPERVISOR

COVERING NORTH WEST AND UK

WEB SITE=www.makemyday2012.co.uk

E-MAIL: djfpromos2@yahoo.co.uk

MOBILE: 07591 755 743

PLI: YES

PAT TESTED: YES

MU MEMBER 490895

CRB CLEARED 09th Feb 2011

good question brian, i will be a bit more observant but one bar i was in last night i wont name yet, had the so called dj/karaoke host smoking and drinking alot and didnt even try to get people up or karaoke requests just sat there till you went to him, then collected glasses and then went back to his seat and carried on smoking

anything else anyone wants me to have a look at i will just ad reply and i´ll see what i can tell you.

DJ FOGGY

MU MEMBER 490895

good question brian, i will be a bit more observant but one bar i was in last night i wont name yet, had the so called dj/karaoke host smoking and drinking alot and didnt even try to get people up or karaoke requests just sat there till you went to him, then collected glasses and then went back to his seat and carried on smoking

anything else anyone wants me to have a look at i will just ad reply and i´ll see what i can tell you.

:rolleyes: Nice!

Enjoy your hols mate! The weather here's beautiful, you're missing 29 in the shade.

Enjoy your hols mate! The weather here's beautiful, you're missing 29 in the shade.

Come now :nono: Brian be fair tell the man you meant 29 in Fahrenheit.

Have a look for a gig on New years eve... :bouncy:

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

Come now :nono: Brian be fair tell the man you meant 29 in Fahrenheit.

Sshhhhh......at least the water shortage should be a thing of the past too...

havnt seen sticky vicky yet so will be soon.

i have actually seen here in action :dan+ju: the things she produces from here self when i seen here :fear:

have u seen here partner (act wise) i know a secret here !!! if shes still at it ? your talking a good 5 year ago?!!! this woman was here act after her

still learning, still experiencing, still dj,ing

well most of the smaller english ran and speaking bars and clubs when i have been singing on karaoke are ALL using computer or laptop and nearly everyone is using pcdj in one shape or form for music and karaoke

its called progress tongue out icon just like the merge from vinyl to cd and like most technology it will slowly gain ground and eventually become more and more popular, the uk is playing catch up at the moment with a lot of things this just being one of them

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

You sorted us any work out there for next year big boy ? :dan:

Sounds like an easy life turn up play a few tunes 'on autoplay' chat up some birds and drink a lot, my kind of job :Thumbup:

Scotty

KING OF DISCOS

We're what parties were invented for !

MySpace

'If anyone here hasnt enjoyed themselves this evening would you kindly raise your arm........, and slap yourself around the chops'

hello boys and girls an update.

all systems i have seen are computer based now and using pcdj and bpm.mainly pcdjd as for karaoke use too AND ALL SEEM TO BE EV SYSTEMS FOR SOUND

most i can see are a dj and some are roaming while the acts are on and collecting glasses.

all are casual dressed including shorts t.sirts fags and ale.

could easily geat a residence as most DONT say or DO anything on the mic i suppose confidence really.

not sorted a new years eve yet ste but wont be a problem.

no contacts as yet scotty but still looking mate.

bye for now will update soon

GOING TO SEE VICKI AND HER DAUGHTER TONIGHT

DJ FOGGY

MU MEMBER 490895

Dont think mic work carries much weight outside the uk anymore.

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

dont forget to bring my ladders back!!

Dont think mic work carries much weight outside the uk anymore.

Depends where you're working i guess. I worked in Cala Bona, Mallorca last year where it was mainly UK tourists, so mic work was definitely needed.

We also had a PCDJ system, but you needed it when you had to serve and collect glasses as well as DJ.

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

all bars i have been in are are using computers one way or another.

most sound systems are ev or skytec.

mixers and amps vary and didnt see any in view or by dj.

dont think any of us have to worry and will list some of the main bars i visited so most are on tinternet scotty will list all and a write up when i´m home tomorrow.

sticky vicky saw her wednesday night she´s bout 72 and one one or two occasions seem to be in a little pain when performing.

on for about 15 mins and didnt enjoy but thats me.

DJ FOGGY

MU MEMBER 490895

heres my final report i can remember bars i visited and what they use?

cafe benidorm or cafe b = pc using pcdj

jokers = pc using pcdj

champions bar = pc using pcdj

loch ness = pc using pcdj

tommys bar = pc using pcdj

wookie hollow 2 = pc using pcdj

most other pubs and bars were using pcdj except for one or two who used bpm

all bars that were doing karaoke also used pc dj

some of the so called dj's i spoke to said they get between 50 and 80 euro's a night working roughly between 7.30 and 2 am which is roughly £72.50-£116 for upto 7-8 hours work so you decide.

and they had to double up duties, either serving in bar, collecting glasses or standing outside giving out flyers.

SO IF ANYONE IS THINKING OF GOING OUT THERE THINK FIRST!!!!!

all said its the thought of it and the resort and the other things they get?????

DJ FOGGY

MU MEMBER 490895

Shouldnt that have read -29 Brian ? tongue out icon

Well I can certainly recommend PCDJ, I dont have it but have used it, the cueing is particularly nice and is as accurate and as fast as a decent CDJ. Stutter cue, cuepoint memory etc, all very good and it can be triggered off the F-keys if you prefer proper buttons rather than a mouseclick. Master tempo key control is very good and sounds better than a CD player imho.

The pay is rubbish but the perks are ok. Free drinks, celebrity status (handy with the opposite sex), sun, sea, a perma-tan (also handy with the ladies!).

The workers stick together so it does feel like you are "part of it" - I would imagine being a redcoat for example is similar (poor pay with perks).

It pays better than PR/flyer work. They are all on commision that's why they hustle you so much (annoying).

You can supplement your income in other ways - selling CD's for example, everyone likes a souvenir.

Maybe because it is wintertime and they are short of DJs, and the PR/glass collector/barman is doing a shift. I never got asked to serve drinks etc. Good job as I would have told them to stuff it. You can walk out of one bar into another.

It is a young person's game though.

Edited by Dave80s

jokers = pc using pcdj

Sorry I nearly wet myself when I read that :bouncy:

Now then, you're really missing some beautiful weather* here, don't you wish you were back home? I got sunburnt* in Sussex again his morning.

* I may be lying through my teeth.

i am home brian, came back 2nd december to start my new full time day job working for a ford dealer in runcorn.

never saw sexy sophie and agree the status is good and might be different in the summer or season time but thats what i saw and heard so i did my bit and report back to the boys and girls as promised.

by the way jeff ladders very cheap and there was a works van transit lwb with 3 full sets i'm sure 1 looked like yours :Thumbup:

DJ FOGGY

MU MEMBER 490895