Dj's United

I Wonder If Any Of You Can Help?

YEEEHAAAH!!! :Thumbup:

Welcome to the Asylum.

• 2 years later...

I put a job up in the Gigs available section the other day. As a result I got a call from a female DJ this morning. We had a lovely chat, almost half-an-hour in fact, talking about loads of things. Trouble is, she's a bit shy and doesn't think she has much to offer in the way of advice. I think she would be welcomed with open arms..what do you guys think:

Now in her early thirties, she has been DJ'ing for ten years. Her preferred sets are R&B and funky house plus, she can mix. She is an Afro-Asian, originally from Kenya but her parents are Indian, so she has lots of experience in playing music of different ethnicity. Not only is she experienced in the music of India and Pakistan but she has also been exposed to Swahili and, presumably, other African music.

She is also a stand-up comedian!

Based in Birmingham she is happy to travel the country and would love to make DJ'ing a full time job.

Like I said, I think someone with this much experience and talent would be a welcome addition to this board. But what do you guys think? Could anyone benefit from her ethnic DJ experiences, or any of her other skills for that matter?

Hi, haven't been on this forum for quite a while but just spotted this interesting post to which i would like to reply. We are also aBirmingham based asian dj roadshow[www.asiansounds.net] and provide female djs for all sorts of functions. If your female djs has the experience that you mentioned then we may have quite a bit of work for her. Let me know if your interested. Thanks

www.asiansounds.net

info@asiansounds.net

mob: 07974 819 990