Dj's United

Cars! Aaaarghhhh......

Just a little wake up call, make sure you check your tyres first thing when you get up, this should allow enough time to deal with any flats/punctures before you need to leave.

So this morning, I got up, started loading the car when Mrs M points out my rear is flat, sure enough there's a screw embedded in it. :lil devil: I get out the spare, and swap it, carry on loading, straight to tyre shop - job done! Had I left it till I had to go to work, I would have been over an hour late.

Those car jacks are absolute :poo: Mine collapsed (car was empty) at one stage.

Or....

Doing a quick walk-around before starting up...

I live in Borehamwood, which fancies itself as a mini NY, so I like to check (seriously) for damage from other vehicles and firearms/vandals/people who just don't like me (lots of them)...

:hurt:

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

I had a nightmare also this morning, the battery on the car has been faltering for a few weeks, but it was a frosty one last night which eventually killed the battery (RIP) Anyway thats lightened my wallet of £40 for a new one !.... Why does expense always happen around xmas ! :rant:

Living where he does, this post does not apply to ADS.

Pneumatic tyres have yet to reach them, his Flinstone mobile still had Rock tyres!!! tongue out icon

Living where he does, this post does not apply to ADS.

Pneumatic tyres have yet to reach them, his Flinstone mobile still had Rock tyres!!! tongue out icon

and like everything else he buys them at rock bottom prices :hide:

Just had a blow before xmas, took the toyota lucida (Jap important) into the garage approx 10 days ago with a slight diesel leak to be investigated & a slight blow on the exhaust, phone call yesterday to say vehicle is ready for collection....... Seals had gone on diesel pump = recon diesel pump. Blow on exhaust = new back box

Total cost & labour = £650..... Merry Xmas ! :(

you can get tyre foam stuff from auto shops that inflates your tyre, seals the leak and makes a temp repair which lasts until you can get it repaired something we should all consider as you do not wanna be changing tyres in a tux or your santa outift tongue out icon

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

you can get tyre foam stuff from auto shops that inflates your tyre, seals the leak and makes a temp repair which lasts until you can get it repaired something we should all consider as you do not wanna be changing tyres in a tux or your santa outift tongue out icon

And does this stuff actually work? My Mrs bought a couple of cans for the pushbikes ahead of a little 20 mile trip, neither of the cans did the job they were supposed to. I guess it's not very different for car tyres.

To be fair, the RAC would have no problems coming out to swap wheels around if you were in a tux or santa suit.

Unless this tyre product has been improved, when it 1st came out my nephew worked for one of the leading tyre fitting companys and reckoned that it woulkd get you home in an emergency but the tyre was naffed after using it. Dont know wether its been improved over the years ?

To be fair, the RAC would have no problems coming out to swap wheels around if you were in a tux or santa suit.

Rather after the gig than before!!! :hurt:

But would you be wearing a tux on the way to a gig? I would set up first then change into it. If you were wearing a Santa outfit, I'm sure some helpful person would take pity on poor Santa and change the wheel for them (while pilfering your gear from the back of the vehicle) smile icon