Dj's United

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have been playing with SAM I must say it is very good....

Has any one played with the Sound processing module on it....

You can get some really good punchy sounds from it....

Nik

Yes, I found that the best thing to do (for me) was push the "bypass all" buttons on each of the modules. Suddenly the sound became much clearer and distinct.

I only realised there was a problem when I messing around trying to mix a track from a CD into the same track on SAM and they sounded so different. The SAM track was really muffled and compressed. I thought it was the difference between using an MP3 (@320kbph) and Original CD, but after taking off all the limiters and compressors in SAM the track sounded little different and that's how I use it now.

Never realised there was a problem until I tried this. For those of you trying SAM, play a CD through one channel of your mixer and play the same track in SAM through another, use a pair of headphones or amplify the system and listen to the difference, "it is marked".

I suppose one day, when I have some spare time I may mess around with the various settings, but that will have to wait, at the moment, I just want the track to sound in SAM as it does from the CD.

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

right im after Sam DJ to work on two channels on my mixer so yesterday i went to maplin and bought two of these external soundcards

sound box

the problem i have i cant configure it to run each channel indipendly, it all seems to want to come through the one sound box insted of deck 1 channel 1 and deck 2 channel 2 any ideas how to sort this.. when i look at the configoration thing i get baffled with it.... :wacko:

any idears would help, thanks chris

From what I can see Chris, it would appear that I gave you wrong advice. :aa

It doesn't appear to be possible to have the output from each deck going to seperate soundcards.

You can send the Aux player and cue to seperate devices, but, unlike other DJ progs, you appear to be stuck with just the one soundcard for the main players.

Sorry for the wrong advice. :aa

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

The AGC is great I love the processing it does for you I have uploaded some of the settings for the AGP just down load them in to your AGP preserts folder. mine is at c:\Program Files\SpacialAudio\SAMBC\AGCPresets

http://www.box.net/public/4p35vu9iis

Then load them in via your SAM prog...

I use the final master one on AGC and another Prog called Tomass' Limiter V1.0 in the DSP on the Mixer Tab..... Its free to download if you need the settings im using they are as follows from left to right

-20 101 HARD 55 27 100 693 35 43 20 174

I do how ever have the No Clipper and No Expander buttons pushed in...

I have done a little EQing on the mixer tab also as follows from left to right

-3.7 -1.0 -2.4 -1.9 0.0 -0.9 -1.5 -2.0 -3.6 -0.5

Make sure Enabled is checked also else EQ dont work...

See what you think have a play and save the settings under another name if you improve on mine then post them so we can all try them out....

I have not tried this on my PA but sounds good n full on my Home HiFi

Nik

Having had another play with the trial of SAM last night, the only thing that's now stopping me from buying it and dumping PCDJ Red is the way it displays the tracks.

It currently shows them like "Cher - Believe", but unless I can get it to show "Believe - Cher", then I won't be switching, which is a real pity as I do prefer it to PCDJ other than that.

I've tried the forum for SAM, but so far, no one has given me a suitable answer.

Do you mean in the player or the play lists ie Playlist, Queue or History if you mean the latter you can select all in any of the list by right clicking in one of them then right click again and sorty by artis etc...

If in the Player then no sorry dont know....

Nik

Hi People

Could sombody answer two questions in PCDJ which Im still looking for answers too.....

1) I scan a folder for BPM and Gain Values.......Some tracks come up with the BPM after scanning some do not. And some tracks come up with the Gain values but MOST do not. So does anybody know why this could be happening as I really need to scan every track for BPM and Gain.

2) PCDJ KJ - All my Karaoke files are named like SF001-01 - Abdul, Paula - Straight up. Have managed to use "TagNRename" to alocate the "Song" & "Artitst" into the ID3 tag, perfect or so I thought. When I first loaded them in they appeared correctly on the singers screen, saying who was singing next and what song they was singing, the song appeared like "Straight up (Abdul, Paula)" Perfect! thats exactly how I wanted it. And now for some bizare reason when loading a track into the deck the song on the singers screen now appears like "(01)SF001"????? Their seems to be no reason as to why this has altered, can anyone help please?

Maybe I should try renaming them again, or just loading them into PCDJ recordcase again.

Help Please.

Nick

The AGC is great I love the processing it does for you I have uploaded some of the settings for the AGP just down load them in to your AGP preserts folder. mine is at c:\Program Files\SpacialAudio\SAMBC\AGCPresets

http://www.box.net/public/4p35vu9iis

Then load them in via your SAM prog...

I use the final master one on AGC and another Prog called Tomass' Limiter V1.0 in the DSP on the Mixer Tab..... Its free to download if you need the settings im using they are as follows from left to right

-20 101 HARD 55 27 100 693 35 43 20 174

I do how ever have the No Clipper and No Expander buttons pushed in...

I have done a little EQing on the mixer tab also as follows from left to right

-3.7 -1.0 -2.4 -1.9 0.0 -0.9 -1.5 -2.0 -3.6 -0.5

Make sure Enabled is checked also else EQ dont work...

See what you think have a play and save the settings under another name if you improve on mine then post them so we can all try them out....

I have not tried this on my PA but sounds good n full on my Home HiFi

Nik

Cheers Nik, Really appreciate your efforts, will load these up and have a play !

I Have been using the Thomass limiter for quite some time, nice little plug in tongue out icon

AHHHHHH good ole WINAMP!

Do you mean in the player or the play lists ie Playlist, Queue or History if you mean the latter you can select all in any of the list by right clicking in one of them then right click again and sorty by artis etc...

If in the Player then no sorry dont know....

Nik

As in the pictures on page 3 of this thread. Had a play with tag and rename and swapping the tags does give me what I want, but I've now found more things I don't like, so for now, I think I'll be sticking with PCDJ, and possibly looking at the KJ plugin as well.

Hi People

Could sombody answer two questions in PCDJ which Im still looking for answers too.....

1) I scan a folder for BPM and Gain Values.......Some tracks come up with the BPM after scanning some do not. And some tracks come up with the Gain values but MOST do not. So does anybody know why this could be happening as I really need to scan every track for BPM and Gain.

2) PCDJ KJ - All my Karaoke files are named like SF001-01 - Abdul, Paula - Straight up. Have managed to use "TagNRename" to alocate the "Song" & "Artitst" into the ID3 tag, perfect or so I thought. When I first loaded them in they appeared correctly on the singers screen, saying who was singing next and what song they was singing, the song appeared like "Straight up (Abdul, Paula)" Perfect! thats exactly how I wanted it. And now for some bizare reason when loading a track into the deck the song on the singers screen now appears like "(01)SF001"????? Their seems to be no reason as to why this has altered, can anyone help please?

Maybe I should try renaming them again, or just loading them into PCDJ recordcase again.

Help Please.

Nick

When you say some don't come up with a value, do you mean it's blank or that it doesn't change?

Can't offer any help on the KJ as I haven't got that yet.

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

"When you say some don't come up with a value, do you mean it's blank or that it doesn't change?"

I mean I have loaded them into PCDJ......and they show as 0.00......analyze a batch and then refresh the folder, some show the new analyzed BPM and some of the tracks still show as 0.00......pretty much the same thing with the gain control too some show a value and some still show as 0.0.

And the KJ thing is gonna be a problem, wanted to use it "live" for the first time on saturday :hurt:

And can somebody please tell me how to "quote and extract" from somebody elses post.....I know how to quote the whole of thier post but I might want to quote just a sentance?

Cheers

Nick

And can somebody please tell me how to "quote and extract" from somebody elses post.....I know how to quote the whole of thier post but I might want to quote just a sentance?

Cheers

Nick

You mean like this.... Just cut out the stuff you dont want said between the two Quote markers one at the start of the quote and one at the end....

Nik

this is what ive done tony- it seem to work, so paul dont worry... the cue can come through the mixer like normal thums up!! getting somwhere!!

not the case now, its not working i cant seem to sort this one out now it worked before?? but not now i cant seem to set the cue and air to work indipendently on two sepprate usb cards??- why? is it because there the same usb sound cards and sam it geting confused? - help please, this is doing me it, cheers chris.

not the case now, its not working i cant seem to sort this one out now it worked before?? but not now i cant seem to set the cue and air to work indipendently on two sepprate usb cards??- why? is it because there the same usb sound cards and sam it geting confused? - help please, this is doing me it, cheers chris.

Possibly, does it work with the built in card and one of the USB cards?

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

dosen't seem to, it worked this afternoon but now im baffeld again

Go into the Config Menu, select Air Out, choose a sound card for your output, tick the box for seperate sound card for Cue, then select a soundcard for the Cue. Click "Apply Now" then navigate back to SAM.

Eddie

right ive got the " air set on deck A this is runningto the lapto sound card -this sounds clear and quite puchy.... deck B is set to cue and this is runing through the usb sound card. they both are workin indipendently but the cue sounds poor it is there but its noot good. any ideas why?

right ive got the " air set on deck A this is runningto the lapto sound card -this sounds clear and quite puchy.... deck B is set to cue and this is runing through the usb sound card. they both are workin indipendently but the cue sounds poor it is there but its noot good. any ideas why?

Bleddy hell, do you want me to come up and make you a cup of tea as well? tongue out icon

I would try swapping the outputs so that the USB card is supplying the main output, and the internal card is supplying the cue.

Then if the sound from the USB card is good and the sound from the internal card is crap then I would suggest that it is how SAM is set up as regards the sound processing modules. If the sound is still poor from the USB card I would suspect the card. (It wasn't exactly a top of the range model).

Eddie

right its workin for now!! both channels seem so sound the same thats gotta be a good thing

right, next question, ive got a load of playlists saved that i set up on winamp these wont open in sam?? so i made a 70s playlist in sam i saved it in my documents but it saved like a winamp playlist. sam wont open the playlist it just made whats hapening??

You mean like this.... Just cut out the stuff you dont want said between the two Quote markers one at the start of the quote and one at the end....

Nik

Yea but I thought their was a way of doing it with the "+quote" button which is at the bottom of every post?

Still dont think this is working right anyway, it dont look like other peoples quotes on the forum.

Nick

Been having a play with these presets today. Really love the settings for Final Master Set Nik !

Thanks again ! tongue out icon

No Worries I do think there is still a little pumping on some tracks that need smoothing out though...

Glad you like

Nik