Dj's United

Hi every1,

I'm new to this forum,

I'm a mobile DJ working on the wirral, im 22 yog. and my main music interest is dance, house and everything from the 80's (strange combination i know)

Anyway, I was wondering Have any of you guys been to BCM, and if so do you know how to get work DJ in a venue? I feel I have the skills to do well in a large venue that is predominatly house music based. I have done many discos/gig to very large audiences and every nite I always get people saying thanks and I usually get more bookings for other nites at the end of the nite, so i must ber doing something right.

Any info would be greatly recieved.

Where in the Wirral are you ?

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Hi Guy,

If your after work in a large venue or club night then its usually better to get a mix tape to one of the promoters and wait for a responce.

Im based on the wirral too, where abouts are you??

i also design flyers for a few large club nights in liverpool mainly, hard dance, techno and trance and could get a mix tape to the promoters for you if thats your genre.

Deano

www.bouncediscos.co.uk

If you want to work at clubs like BCM then you need to get an agent some experience of large venues and make some contacts and send out a lot of demo tapes. These big clubs wont just take bedroom dj's or even mobile dj's who can mix you need to have a proven track record of djing in these kinds of venues and references.

Good Luck !

Scotty

KING OF DISCOS

We're what parties were invented for !

MySpace

'If anyone here hasnt enjoyed themselves this evening would you kindly raise your arm........, and slap yourself around the chops'

Hi there.

I have been to BCM, it is quite a big venue (3000+?)

Anyway my advice would be to go out there and get a job in another venue. That is the best place to make contacts. If you are good then you will be noticed. It is not all about talent though, bulls*it helps as well so be confident in yourself.

Not sure about BCM but I reckon most of the nights will be run by UK promoters, they will be running other stuff around Magaluf, so try and get in there.