Dj's United

how much would it cost to set up as a mobile dj

hi,

I was wundering what sort of price range would you be looking for to set up as an first time new mobile dj

what sort of equipment would you recomend?

http://www.chrispointon.f2s.com/Forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Gray2003

Depends on exactly what you are looking to do, and the size of function / venue that you are hoping to cover?.

Our complete Audio Packages range from around £729 - £1000 dependant on the size (wattage) of Amp / Speakers that are purchased.

The SP500 based system (2x 250W) and one pair of speakers will usually do the average sized pub or village hall, if you need more power for larger functions then the Sp800 based systems would be better suited.

Add around £150 for a couple of lighting effects and a tripod stand and that is your start up package.

Obviously, depending on your actual budget you can add or change anything to make the combination best suited to your requirements.

hi chris,

will more than likely to do children's disco's first like in village hall's. Had alook at the rest of the forum there is alot of usefull information to take in.

This is the best place on the net that a have seen for giveing free but very use-full addvice

What about useing mini-disc's are these very practical to use for a mobile dj ?

Gray2003

Thanks for the "Thumbs Up" on the Forum, I can't take all of the credit though since I do get a lot of encouragement and support from seeing how much time other D.J's put in on here to offer advice and just keep a good atmosphere going http://www.chrispointon.f2s.com/Forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.chrispointon.f2s.com/Forum/html/emoticons/042.gif

Yes, a lot of people use Mini Disc as a Media for D.J'ing although I wouldn't spend a fortune on a player - a general good quality domestic Sony or Technics will do the job.

I think that MP3 is slowly overtaking it though, and maybe it isn't as popular as it was in the late 90's when they became affordable, but I don't think that Mini Disc will die out altogther it is still also popular for solo artists for backing tracks etc.

Certainly CDR and PC technology is making MP3 accessable to more and more D.J's and this is having some impact on Mini Disc - especially with blank 80 minute CDR's costing as little as 14p each, and around 6 out of 10 of the D.J's that I deal with certainly use MP3's in some capacity, but it is illegal.

Most older D.J's used Mini Disc to replace their old vinyl collections (Again check the legality of this) and maybe this would be an option that you are considering.

Regarding you proposed application, then the cheaper Sp500 based system will be enough to meet this criteria. Of course if you business does grow, you can increase the output slightly by adding another set of speakers, or just upgrading the Amp & Speakers.