Dj's United

Girls Aloud

Anyone else of the opinion that disco-wise, Girls Aloud are one of the best groups produced in the UK in a long long time?

I mean...alot of the stuff they do seems to be covers, but certain tracks are becoming ever popular!

Alot of the time, current pop acts only go down well with the listening public if you play their current release, however there's ever faithful fallbacks of Love Machine, Something Kinda Oooh...you can pull alot of tracks out of their back catalogue and get a pretty full floor!

Just a thought!

Anyone else of the opinion that disco-wise, Girls Aloud are one of the best groups produced in the UK in a long long time?

I'm glad you said ONE of the best......cos I would be mortified if you had gone 1 stage further, and forgot about MisTeeq (Ok I know) or Sugarbabes !!!!

I always think about girls aloud as a kind of female Bay City Rollers!!!!

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

I mean...alot of the stuff they do seems to be covers, but certain tracks are becoming ever popular!

Alot of the time, current pop acts only go down well with the listening public if you play their current release, however there's ever faithful fallbacks of Love Machine, Something Kinda Oooh...you can pull alot of tracks out of their back catalogue and get a pretty full floor!

Just a thought!

I would be more inclined to say that it shows the current state of the crap being produced over the past few years.

Scotty

KING OF DISCOS

We're what parties were invented for !

MySpace

'If anyone here hasnt enjoyed themselves this evening would you kindly raise your arm........, and slap yourself around the chops'

Don't like them. Sugababes are far better... at least they use new material instead of murdering songs like "jump" and "I think we're alone now"

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

Personally i didn't think it was possible to murder "I think we're alone now"...Tiffany did that when she made the cover of it.

I think Tommy James & the Shondells did it first in 1967, and it was only listenable then, now it's just sickening!

Yes good commercial cheese and easy on the eye:)

Full Time Professional Dj and M.C.

Residencies Monday & Thursday Storm Drogheda Co. Louth

Friday Morrissons Co. Kilkenny

Saturday Suite 54 Blackrock Dublin.

Im looking for a residency on Tuesday Wednesday or Sunday

gig either south or Northern Ireland.

never been asked to play them, dont own a single track by them . Mind you have had to play the sugababes.

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Quote Bolan-Boogie:

"Girls aloud etc make danceable music for generic occasions. Its gotta be better than half the RnB sh!te in the charts !!"

WOOHOO!!

Tell it like it is!! :D

Girls aloud etc make danceable music for generic occasions. Its gotta be better than half the RnB sh!te in the charts !!

:Thumbup:

Thoroughly agree!! Mind you, in my day RnB stood for Rythm and Blues - a term which would not apply to an y of the 'bling-bling' artists that seem to be under the mistaken idea that they quality in that genre.

I would be more inclined to say that it shows the current state of the crap being produced over the past few years.

Why is it crap? If people like it, and they want to dance to it, then to describe it as crap is innacurate. It might not be your personal taste, but then everyone likes something different and as dj's, we are there to play what people ant to hear, not what we want to hear. If you just want to play your favourites, stay at home with a personal cd player 'cos you won't make a success of being a dj.

Girls Aloud are great floor fillers - in the same vein as Shania's Don't impress me much, Chers' Believe and numerous others. They help us do our jobs and good on them. You don't have to like them personally, but you have to agree that they, like others such as the Sugababes, make a great party atmosphere and appeal to all age groups.

Aaron

:djurant:

Edited by Clockwork_Orange

Dont get you guys ! Firstly you agree that the rnb stuff in the charts is sh#te then rant about "why is Girls aloud Cr"p ?" and continue on about not allowing personal tastes affect the jobs we do ???????????? bit of a contradiction dont you think ?

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Music....

One man's Meat another man's poison. Some music is crap by any description. Some crap has made lots of money for some people. If it gets people on the floor and enjoying themselves I will play it.

Jimbo

Digital Fusion Entertainments

Bose L1 system user.

I actually think the opposite...I hate their sound. I find it too harsh and over-produced, bordering on distortion most of the time. I rarely play them and rarely get requests for them. I do play Sugababes and Mis-Teeq though, and I will always try to play an original track in preference to any poor cover version.

Still, I guess the audiences we play to determine what we play - horses for courses!

[insert quirky comment]

I think the bloke has made a good point..I think their music can fill the dance floor. I especially play love machine quite often..This dosn`t mean I like it BTW....I must admit though I do like them and not for their musical attributes..

Have to also say that their latest one, Think we`re alone now is WOEFULL!!

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

I actually think the opposite...I hate their sound. I find it too harsh and over-produced, bordering on distortion most of the time. I rarely play them and rarely get requests for them. I do play Sugababes and Mis-Teeq though, and I will always try to play an original track in preference to any poor cover version.

Still, I guess the audiences we play to determine what we play - horses for courses!

yes..have to agree...the sound is quite harsh...and i havent found a great response really to any of their tracks.....sugababes,much better...and going a bit further back..spice girls...some of there stuff still goes well..

yes..have to agree...the sound is quite harsh...and i havent found a great response really to any of their tracks.....sugababes,much better...and going a bit further back..spice girls...some of there stuff still goes well..

Hi Andy,

Welcome to DJs United. How about intoducing yourself in our intoduction area. Doesn't have to be too indepth, but an insight into your experience, area of work, music preferences etc would be nice.

Once again welcome and enjoy your time on here.

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

Quote Andywilson:

"I hate their sound. I find it too harsh and over-produced, bordering on distortion most of the time."

Unfortunately this seems to be the way pop music generally seems to sound, although there are some exceptions.

Better not start another discussion on this!!

Oh, and welcome, Andy. :Thumbup:

This might start getting confusing, with so many Andys about!

And from another Andy.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk