Dj's United

400w Uv Cannon - Warning

I used a 400W UV cannon last week, 1/2 way through the night when everyone was singing happy birthday to the birthday boy, what I initially though was pyrotechnics turned out to be the lamp exploding, showering the area in front of it with glass.

Although the timing could not have been better, and no one was injured or affected, this appears to be a major incident in my book, so if you have one be warned. I cannot identify the lamp manufacturer as it is in a million pieces on the floor of the venue, but I will visit the retailer to take this further, and let you know what they say.

I seem to recall someone else mentionning this nasty issue in the distant past. :!:

Sure it was not splashed?

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

Brian - what were the mechanics of the failure?

I thought lamps like these had a protective screen over the front.

Maybe it was shot at...... I wouldn't put anything past people these days. :(

Brian - what were the mechanics of the failure?

I thought lamps like these had a protective screen over the front.

Maybe it was shot at...... I wouldn't put anything past people these days. :(

We're not in the west country here you know mate! :bouncy:

It's got a grille over the front, but that does not stop a shower of small bits of glass escaping.

I have had the same thing happen to me, scared the hell out of the guests as it went during background music at a wedding. Mine also had a protective grille but it still managed to shower the dancefloor with glass.

I have since stopped using it

DJ James Lake & The Shokwaves Roadshow

I was wondering whether to lose the 2 X 4' tubes I currently use, but after hearing this I'll stick for a while.

DJU saves me money again! :D