Dj's United

Martin Audio F15 Blackline Speakers

Deen talking to a few people

Are these speakers as good as everyone i have talked to say they are

I have been thinking of perhaps trading in my mackies (as much as i like them) and going for the F15's

I want to buy speakers hopefully for the last time ever haha!

I believe the sound outta these things is fantastic???? Anybody heard them?

Questions I have are: Do you need a sub with these speakers, because i could just sell the mackies and keep my 1501 sub.

Also is the heafty price tag worth the investment?

Thanks

Personally, i don't think you can beat having seperate subs as well as tops. Yes, you can get away with just 15" full range cabs, but it'll sound so much better with a seperate sub (or two).

Therefore, i'd suggest going for the F10s or F12s and a seperate sub. I've not heard the f15s, but would assume the smaller cabs would sound better due to a smaller main driver. And there's no need to worry about loudness, they go damned loud and still sound fantastic. I have my crossover mid/top gains set right back at 9 o'clock to keep them at a sensible level, subs are at about 3 o'clock.

I have the F10s by the way.. bought them from another Jeff that we both know. smile icon (I think he has another set for sale at the moment actually!)

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

Mmmmmmm My mate jeff will ring him shortly

Are the f10's man enough?

I want to just use 2x f15

add a sub for big venues

OR Sod it and get another mackie sub?

Justy want that lovely jubly bassey rocky punchy sound.....hahah

Well you couldn't use the f10s by themselves.. but with a sub or two they're fantastic.

But like i say, i wouldn't want to just use two 15" tops by themselves... i know alot of people do, but i just think its well worth the extra effort bringing subs as well.

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

Stick with the Mackies mate just buy another sub . So your going to go back to hogging around an amp rack again ? I know a lot of band guys who use the Martins , they are quality but if you do decide to go this route make sure you buy a system controller as they can be delicate enough if over-driven.

Why are you now happy with your Mackies now?

Woody

Jeff I use F15's and they are the dogs they will **** all over the Mackies if you wanna come and listen let me know.

Scotty

KING OF DISCOS

We're what parties were invented for !

MySpace

'If anyone here hasnt enjoyed themselves this evening would you kindly raise your arm........, and slap yourself around the chops'

Hello woody lad how are you, long time no speak!!

I really do like the mackies, they have done me well over the 18months that ive had them

However im a bit of a perfectionist on sound coupled with what ive been told of a few professional musicians...the f15's are supposed to be amazing but very dear

Found them at 800 quid per speaker then will need a decent amp on top, then will need the m3 controller on top of that?

Scotty, would love to hear them....going to birkenhead next week to visit a mate....not sure what day yet

Hi Jeff , I have heard the Martins as my local music shop is a main dealer here in N Ireland. Don't get me wrong the Martins are good and are probably more powerful than the Mackie system would be. I recently was using an allen and heath Xone 62 mixer with my Mackies and decided to change it to a more compact American Audio Mixer , the effect on the sound quality was immense with a cheaper mixer. I have now bought a Denon X500 and the difference is unbelievable and I think it sounds even better that the Allen & Heath did , so a change in mixer might rejuvenate your love for the Mackies .Anyway if you do decide to go with the Martins I have an virtually brand new amp by Q4 Audio ( formerly Zeck) which would drive you F15's effortlessly. Give me a shout if your interested.

Woody

Thanks mate, done alot of thinking today (not like me) Think i will get another sub and change in mixer. The vmx1000 is a poor mixer really, does the job, but cheap and cheerful.

Thanks for the advice

Just to add my few pence. Martins are great speakers, but dreadfully overpriced. I remember a mate of mine getting me to make him a flightcase for his martins, because they were too expensive to even scratch. I will give it that they were the Wavefront Series, pricing in at a few grand. If i remember rightly, minehead Butlins use the Martin Wavefront series in their main hall/room. 8 tops and 8 bins. The sound was tremendous... im talking, the bass was earthquaking. I remember them having to empty the club below once, in fear of the ceiling caving in!

Those Wavefronts are a fair speaker range, but as you say flippin' expensive.

A single 18" in a folded horn enclosure selling for around 5 grand is perhaps a bit over the top, to my mind, but someone is paying it!

DONE AND DUSTED......THE LOOTS IN THE BOOT STEVIE BOY!!

haha me and steve just spent £1600 between us on subs and poles

Time to get back to earning some money agghhhhhh!!

Jeff I use F15's and they are the dogs they will **** all over the Mackies if you wanna come and listen let me know.

In a way i do regret selling them lol, at that price you got a bargain :joe:

Seriously though - fantastic cabs....but remember they're quite heavy (33 kg)..

I reckon you could do up to about 120 people with just a pair... The bass response is perfect, mids smooth, and the tops clear...

They do suffer from the same problems as all horn loaded cabs - but they're some of the best cabs you can buy for reasonable money.

Just for me - I just didnt have space to add subs and barely the tops and also they were quite unflexible, as i do a lot of gigs on my own....

I reckon you'd be best to go for some F10 tops and a 18" active sub like the DAS DS one.