Dj's United

Ickworth House, Bury St Edmunds

Ickworth house, Bury St Edmunds - have you been there? What is it like? Sound limiter? Access? Staff? Any issues?

Cheers,

Brian

I haven't been there but I did once quote for it. It's a National Trust property.

Unless you're in the marquee it's a first floor gig, which put me off - the Gallery, for up to 200 or so plus a smaller room for about 50 or 60.

Mary Myers, the Sales Manager, on 01284 735957, can answer your questions.

BTW how come you're working in the Anglia region now?

I haven't been there but I did once quote for it. It's a National Trust property.

Unless you're in the marquee it's a first floor gig, which put me off - the Gallery, for up to 200 or so plus a smaller room for about 50 or 60.

Mary Myers, the Sales Manager, on 01284 735957, can answer your questions.

BTW how come you're working in the Anglia region now?

Where there's muck...... :scared: :lol:

Well, the client is happy to pay the rate including travelling, hotel stay, etc..., so I'm happy to oblige. It's a referral from my NYE gig in Bury which I have done for the last 4 years. Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. :grouphug:

Where there's muck...... :scared: :lol:

Well, the client is happy to pay the rate including travelling, hotel stay, etc..., so I'm happy to oblige. It's a referral from my NYE gig in Bury which I have done for the last 4 years. Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. :grouphug:

Thought it might be. Good luck to you.

• 10 months later...

Ok,

Although you posted this back at the start of the year Brian, ill post details of it anyway, as their may be other people on here that will play their soon.

Ive been their a few times. Firstly, it is a lovely place to have Weddings. The building is very nice, but the selling point is the Italian gardens! They are stunning!!!

Acces.........the West Wing (which is where Weddings take place) is actually on the 2nd floor, and as an entertainer, you have to unload on the basement and then go up and down the lift a few times.

You will see that the West Wing has 2 areas. A lower large area which is catered for the tables and the dancefloor, and an upper balcony area where the bar is. The balcony area does have seating, so guests do sometimes tend to linger up their. The balcony oversees the Italian gardens also.

As a DJ, your always performing in the corner which is RIGHT next to the double entrance door. So to go out to have a cigarette, to come in or leave, they have to walk across your dancefloor. No massive biggy, but it can be annoying when your dancefloor is busy.

Plugs...as a DJ you have 2 double sockets of plugs. Both are mounted in the floor under a pull up hatch.

Accoustics - very very very good. Your 2 Bose L1s will sound the tittys in there. My Celestion CXI rig which i took that night sounded superb, and in all honesty was slightly overkill. However the Bose will both look and sound stunning!

Staff - the person who i dealt with on the occasions ive been their was a Scottish chap called Peter. Was brilliant for information and loved the fact that the Wedding we were doing last was for a Scottish couple.

Brian, if you still have a booking for this, or are wanting to know more info, drop me an email or PM and i can forward you a load of photos.

Ok,

Staff - the person who i dealt with on the occasions ive been their was a Scottish chap called Peter. Was brilliant for information and loved the fact that the Wedding we were doing last was for a Scottish couple.

Maybe just a coincidence but last time I was there, there was a Scottish wedding party:

http://www.ttiger.co.uk/pictures/wedding.jpg