Dj's United

The interviews are proving quite popular at the moment (that's put the scud on that then) so I'm fitting in two a week. Next up is another new member Johnathan aka Ellaskins ....

1. What is your DJU Forum Alias?ellaskins

2. What is your Real Name, Age, Location & Marital Status? Johnathan ,39,maried

3. What is the Name of your Disco? John Lewis Road show

4. How long have you been a DJ? started 1984-5 ish

5. What inspired you to become a DJ, Ian dury, Stevie wonder, chic gap band, i just wanted to play it loud and see people dance.

6. Are you a member of a DJ Association / Union? no

7. What is your favourite type of function now? (eg: Wedding, 18th Birthday party, etc) 21st

8. What’s the worst/most embarrassing thing you've done in front of an audience?

Not had a cd ready and ran back from the toilet, with a dance floor full of people!

9. If you could go back to the beginning of your DJ career is there anything that you'd do differently? (eg: The gear that you bought, the way you promoted/advertised yourself), Bought less gear.

10. What do you feel you offer the public that convinces them to book you rather than "the next guy/girl"? I feel i'm quite good at reading the croud and knowing what they want.

11. Have you ever bought something for your show that you wish you hadn't? and why? a bubble machine, hate filling it and it's a bloody hazard!

12. What's your next DJ purchase likely to be? new smoke machine.

13. If you could get someone to invent a new piece of disco equipment for your show, what would it be? The get rid of the drunk punter, that asks you, can you play that song that goes da, de doo doo, machine!!!

14. What was the worst equipment failure suffered during a gig? New yrs eve 2005 , one side of the cd player jamed at 12.30 am!

15. What do you think is the best thing about DJ'ing? Getting people to dance and enjoy a record that you know if played at the wrong time of the night they would look at you stupidly as if to say , why are you playing this crap!

16. What do you think is the worst thing about DJ'ing? The loading- un loading and then loading and then un loading of the gear.

17. What would make you stop DJ'ing (if anything)? loss of head.

18. How do you think DJ'ing will change, in the next 5 years? More use of pc, but the 12" will never die.

19. Most stupid thing anyone's ever said to you at a gig? Can you play billy jean and it was playing!!

20. Best advice you were ever given by a fellow DJ? It's easy to close a door, but very dificult to re open!( fall out with a manager and you try to make up!)

21. And worst advice you were ever given? Tell all the drunks to F:cense: o:cense:

22. How do you keep up to date with music? (eg Promo monthly CDs, Downloads, Purchase from retailer) Now cd's and lp's off the internet, and 12"

23. Name 3 songs that 95% of the time will fill the dance floor for you! billy jean,Good times chic, b52's love shack

24. One piece of advice you'd give to someone just starting out. Take a body guard!

25. What medium format do you mainly use eg vinyl, CD, hard-drive? weddings cd's 21st b-days , cd's and sl1200

26. Have you embraced/adapted any ideas that you've read about on DJU? no

27. What is your best gig ever and your worst? best 21st b day for Sir Mc alpine's daughter, worst, German army barracks for the british army I played for 15 min after traveling 100 miles!

28. What is your main (most successful) form of advertising your disco? Word of mouth

29. Have you ever had someone try to claim off you? (eg: Public Liability Insurance or other such legal action) no

30. What is your average charge for a booking? £180

31. How many tracks do you have in your music collection? ?????

Good read, enjoyed that :good:

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

respects to you young man

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Very interesting! What Ms McAlpine like? Got any pictures? smile icon

Tony's Top Tip for dealing with drunks - get one of these:

http://www.ttiger.co.uk/images/mg34.jpg

:bouncy:

Very interesting! What Ms McAlpine like? Got any pictures? smile icon

Tony's Top Tip for dealing with drunks - get one of these:

http://www.ttiger.co.uk/images/mg34.jpg

:bouncy:

HI, to be honest cant remember what she looks like, but the night i did the gig in Cheshire was fantastik they had a balcony in the marquee, with a bar under it. A band through the night and i started to play at 12.15, took two rcf event 6000 and two ohm br218 powerd by two crown vz3600's, night was good with loads of booz( i dont drink while i'm working) . I finished at 6.15, Bugger!, as soon as i said good night, the mobile goes and it,s the wife ill in bed , so off back home and had to do my daughters birthday party for 20 kids!!!!! it was the 10 th Nov. A night to never forget.