Pro DJ Show

The Conference Centre

Lancaster University

Lancashire

Sunday 25th March

10am - 4pm

www.prodjshow.co.uk

Features:

Seminars, Workshops, Audio Hall, Lighting Hall, Traders/Info Hall, DJ Rig Hall, Bring & Buy Room.

Access to on-campus Cafes and Student Bars is allowed.

DJ's United

I have reserved a few booths in the Info Hall for Forum Promotion. If DJ's United would like to exhibit and promote this forum then please let me know. The booth will only be a small one 2mtrs x 2mtrs however enough to promote this forum and community.

More details will be available soon regarding Internet access, however I imagine Wi-Fi will be available throughout the day.

I hope to see some of you there and to also meet those I have yet to meet in person.

Thanks for reading.

http://www.headlinedj.com/prodjshow/prodjshow-logo-small.jpg

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

Just a quick question...

Are there any DJ organisations anyone knows of that would be beneficial to the general DJ populous?

What I am looking for are Organisations, Associations, Publications etc.. that work to better the DJ industry and who provide real world valid information to DJs.

I'd much rather have 2 associations providing information at the show than one Retailer selling the same old - same old.

If anyone has a project they are working on or know of one then let me know, it would be higly appreciated and a welcomed addition for many DJs.

Also.. I have a room at the show specifically set aside for DJs to assemble their standard rigs.

This is to allow other DJs to view them and to chat to the owners, hopefully this will create a two way flow of information allowing both visitor and Display DJ to pick up new ideas and tips.

If anyone form DJ U would like to show their rig, then please let me know. Space is running out for this so the need to make a prompt decision is paramount.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

Maybe this is something for Dan and those of the DJ @ssociates body?

Seems a very good idea to me. Would make some of these shows more interesting/informative for some of those attending.

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

Well I've been there and done that with shows and to be honest filling a roon with supliers etc, is easy and to a point rather boring.

The last time I felt dissapointed in the fact that anyone can see the products online any day of the week and most can see the product in their local emporiums.

I felt there should be more substance and content, hence the Seminars and Workshops.

The DJ rigs has been a long time fantasy of mine to setup a complete show with nothing but DJ rigs on display, but it's hard work getting that many DJs to one location at the same time with their rigs, as many work full time, others will be gigging etc.. and then there is the logisitcal side of things.

So I thought I'd offer it as part of an overall bigger show.

So I have set aside a Hall just for DJ rigs.

I also located a venue with multiple rooms/halls so the audio can be contained in one room, lighting can be displayed in another which will be darkened, traders in another which is away from the noise and flashing lights etc...

Hopefully it will all work as planned and visitors will gain more and go home having learned something too.

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

Maybe this is something for Dan and those of the DJ @ssociates body?

Seems a very good idea to me. Would make some of these shows more interesting/informative for some of those attending.

Kind words Esk.

But DJ Associates is essentially an Online organisation . Independent and totally non-profit. The DJ@ is free to join for those like-minded Disc Jockeys. Re-applications always welcome! Very same simple T&Cs apply!

UPDATE

Had a wonderful chat with Phil this afternoon.

Well I've been there and done that with shows and to be honest filling a room with supliers etc, is easy and to a point rather boring.

Christ I wish it was that easy. Takes me a year or so to put it together.

Tongue in cheek a little there Paul. :)

Yes we did have a good chat Dan.

We have some good Seminars lined up so far and I am thinking about opening up a second seminar room.

I truly hope that many DJs will go home with some new information and a better understanding of certain things.

http://www.headlinedj.com/prodjshow/prodjshow-logo-small.jpg

Could someone Pin this topic please.. I didn't think to ask about that earlier.

thanks.

Edited by HeadlineDJ

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

Am certainly interested in attending the show.

Ill go with ya steve, would be a good day out to sunny Lancaster!

Excellent, gives me a chance to meet the few people I have yet to meet off the forums.

I can announce so far the seminars will be:

Pro Audio 1

Pro Audio 2

Connectors & Cable Management

PCDJ - Computer DJ Tech Talk and Demo

Cortex Tech Talk and Demo

With a few awaiting confirmation which will (when confirmed) be another FIRST in the DJ world.

Kinda getting excited now.. lol

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

Latest Update:

Visitor Pre-Registrationis now available via the website.

Cost is £2.50, saving you 50 pence and allowing you for fast trak entry.

Details are to be found on the website at: www.prodjshow.co.uk

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

Postcode? ...... eg: to point TomTom at...

Also, what format are the seminars taking eg: duration, video projection screen, projector...bring-along-a-laptop-with-powerpoint-on-it?

EDIT: Ah...Found the postcode: For all interested parties, the main university postcode is: LA1 4YW

Edited by Gary

Seminar details are still being confirmed, as to duration etc..

But they will all be between 45 minutes to an hour in length.

Each seminar room has a full AV suit.

LCD projector, OHP, DVD, VHS, PC & wireless lapel mic.

Table arrangement will most probably be like a U-shape, with the front where the gap is, allowing everyone to see the whiteboards and screens.

Also this allows the presenter to walk into the table area and come face to face with any one person should they need to see anything close up etc.

Hopefully, I will also be videoing some of the seminars and this recording should be available at some point after the show.

Probably via download or for a posted DVD copy.

This may carry a small fee which will be split between admin fee's and donations to the Presenters for their time and efforts.

Video's are yet to be confirmed however.

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

I have a list, but not for publishing.

I will only publish a public list when all exhibitors have paid their fee's.

This is to prevent any problems with last minute pull out's prior payment.

So the public list may well not appear until nearer March.

The obvious names have confirmed so far, but until I initiate the exhibitor payments you'll have to wait :)

Edited by HeadlineDJ

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

Well I can confirm that DJ Show North will be exhibiting at the Pro DJ Show.. :)

As will BPM.

Edited by HeadlineDJ

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

Well I can confirm that DJ Show North will be exhibiting at the Pro DJ Show.. :)

As will BPM.

:wacko: :huh: BPM!? as in Alcatech!? as in BPM Studio!?!

you have got to be kidding!... how do you manage to wake them from their hibernation then?

I s'pose they're gonna be exhibiting version 5 of BPM Studio? next you'll be telling us that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny will also be exhibiting on the benefits of the holiday season :rolleyes:

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

No, Bun fight would be cool..

I'll supply the buns,, make for some good wagers and photo's. LOL

Sorry Tony, did I excite you there.... must be more careful over my words. LOL

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Visitor Pre-Registration will close on March 19th at Noon.

This is to ensure we have enough time to process all the applications so your badges will be ready for collection upon arrival.

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

DJ Rigs have been slimmed down considerably to ONE.

I have a DJ who has offered to display his rig in this location, however I recall someone off here who wanted to show their rig, so the DJ on here will have first refusal on that space.

I didn't have their contact details so had to wait for the forum to come back in order to contact them.

I'll also post a list of Exhibitors up later this evening.

And I'll sort out a Visitor Floor Plan very soon too.

Regards,

Phil Hulton

HeadlineDJ

Exhibitor List and item/info List:

Here's a quick run down on Exhibitors / attendees and also main product brands that are being fully supported within the show.

DJ Show North

BPM Show

Prolight Concepts

Cookies

DENON

LFX Group

Phase One

Pro Mobile Magazine

NADJ

The Disc Jockey Association

Mixmash

West Coast Radio