Dj's United

Dju Members Website Reviews

We have another members website to review. Please take a gandar at http://www.djsteviedee.co.uk and give some opinions on the strong/weak points of the site. if you were a punter looking to book a DJ for your event would this site appeal to you? if not, why not?

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

The text to me needs to be worked on...In my opinion.

Full Time Professional Dj and M.C.

Residencies Monday & Thursday Storm Drogheda Co. Louth

Friday Morrissons Co. Kilkenny

Saturday Suite 54 Blackrock Dublin.

Im looking for a residency on Tuesday Wednesday or Sunday

gig either south or Northern Ireland.

Yeah i agree with the text, not nice to look at.

Also the banner at the top is stretched and the clip art has a different colour to the background.

You need more photos of different gigs and not of boats and i would cut the music.

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

Remove the hotmail e-mail address as it just seems weird to have a website but not an e-mail address associated with it.

The text was also in different places and not spaced correctly. Also, I would take out part of the Info for parents page. The reason is you state you play the conga, pass the parcel etc. If this site is only aimed at young children, great - but if you want 8-12 year olds, they don't wanna play those games in my experience.

Same with the music page, I know and so do you, what kids will ordinarily dance to at kids parties, but I wouldn't tell them incase the actual birthday child doesn't like one of them - kids can be weird.

Lastly, when you write d.i.s.c.o, the search engines will struggle to find it and not pick it up as easy as disco (plus the top pic is way stretched and looks weird)

Remember, this is only my opinion.

It is a little odd that the main pages point towards childrens entertainment, and everything else is hidden behind that.

I also find it a little odd that the emphasis (text wise) is on the regulatory items, and not the content!!!

As a parent, I would initially be looking for WHAT can be offered, and ensure the safety of my children afterwards!

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

I think this has the makings of a great site smile icon It needs some tidying up esp with the text - here's some things I noticed:

• Lots of the text is in capitals
  • Some headings are in bold, others not
  • One heading is inset, others on the page aren't
  • Some paragraphs are double spaced, others are not
  • Font size is too big

Other things:

Can't see the point of the intro page

There's a panel on the LHS of each page that is wasted - if nothing else why not put a 2nd set of your hyperlinks here?

You have 4 cracking photos in your gallery. I would use these in your header rather than the one you currently have. One picture also appears twice.

You make a statement that you have 'everything' from the 50s to current day - I bet you don't tongue out icon plus you contradict this by saying you will do your best to scource any request.

'An Affordable & Stress Free Solution To Children's Parties' - I like this heading.

paisley etc should all start with a Capital letter.

Not something that directly effects how your site looks - your HTML is only 14 lines but goes on & on left to right. Personally I would find this hard to work with.

I do think that your site has potential you just need to spend some time re-writing the content and sorting out the fonts etc so that it all looks more professional.

Just had a look at TONSK's site "well done" cool site

[

Just had a look at TONSK's site "well done" cool site

Yes I agree that Tony's site is good. However this thread is about your site because you put it up for review and 5 of us took the time and trouble to look and give our opinions & advice. Is this your response?

I say to anyone that asks for my opinion (albeit in this case implied) it takes no effort from me whatsoever to say 'Great' 'Good Job' 'Excellent' but does anyone gain from that?

What I would like to know is:

• Do you agree with the advice given
  • Do you disagree with the advice given
  • What do you plan to do about your site (if anything)

I am in the process of altering my site taking all your advice on board.

please forgive me if Ido not reply immediatly .

realy I am grateful for all help and advice

[

Hi there stevie dee

Had a look at your site and have a few comments for ya

The flash part at the beginning i think bigs up the site then you get to the main page and i flet a little let down, being honest.

The main page pointed to childrens parties then everything else behind that.

The @hotmail.co.uk address needs to be changed in my opinion. get something like info@steviedee or whatever.

The main page looks ok with the menu bar but the main index pages, the text is in proportion to the rest of the site.

Also theres a mention about paisley and the areas you cover on every page, why not have an areas covered page?

Please dont take this as an insult im only reveiwing as asked, i still look at my site and think how :poo: it looks.

Just keep tweaking it and you'll get there.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions.... just done a bit of tweaking still not brilliant

the blue bit on the left hand side of pages just baffles me.

got rid of music, changed e.mail address,

Ihave a busy weekend so I will get working on site when I get a moment.

taking camera to parties so I will add more photo's

THANKS A LOT FOLK for all your help

My Webpage.

hope this is better

Edited by dj stevie dee

[

• 2 months later...

I have spent some time taking on all of your suggestions and here is my

retouched site. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

My Webpage

Edited by dj stevie dee

[

Personally, the flashing lights on the front page are a bit distracting. I would move them above where it says "An Affordable & Stress Free..........." so its easier to read the rest of the text without being distracted.

I would also "soften the joins" between the pictures in the header e.g. http://www.ittiger2.co.uk/_wsb_keyvisual.jpg . I just think it makes the banners look more as one instead of four pictures stuck next to each other (feel free to use it if you think it is better).

The picture gallery appears 3 times on the page?

Nothing major - other than that its looking good and those points are just my opinion smile icon

You need to go through and sort out the several instances of apostrohe abuse!

Remember, there is no apostrophe in a plural, so for example on your 'info for parents' page, boys and girls is incorrecly typed as boy's and girl's.

Now this:

"ALL EQUIPMENT IS NEW AND TESTED PRIOR TO START OF EVENT."

Really?? Bit wasteful that is... smile icon

Maybe reword it to say what you really mean, unless of course you really do buy new equipment for each gig...

I like the pictures at the top, but the girl on the right looks a bit unsure about something! Has she just caught site of you perhaps?! (Sorry - couldn't resist it!)

Any particular reason why one paragraph on your 'info for parents' page is in 12 point font and the rest in 14 point? There are some other... um... interesting things lurking within your code too, but I don't know how much you know about that or are able to tidy up.

Finally, I do feel you should have a live clickable link wherever your e-mail address appears, as it does at the bottom of the pages.

Hope that helps a bit. smile icon

There I was happily typing some advice for you when my computer decided to give up the ghost.

You should be able to tell from the clarity of this post that I'm now using a new computer, however as I now have to transfer lots of stuff from the old hard drive my opinions will have to wait for a while (that's if you want them?) smile icon

Thanks guys I did not notice the triple photo album.

got shot of some those apostraphe's and hopefully created an e.mail link

also changed the flashing lights ( good point) and mast photo bar.

does my email link work????

thank you good people

[

sorry messed up the link

My Webpage

hope this is better

[

Just had a very quick look - yep, losing the lights was a good move, and the e-mail link on the home page works. I'll give it a bit more of a look over when I have a bit more time to spare. smile icon