Dj's United

Bose B1 Speakon Cables

This is guess is relevant to anyone using speakons, but I have noticed this on the Bose cables I have. The Speakon connector grub screws work loose. I checked mine this week, some were loose, so I tightened them.

So, a little heads up to regularly check you speaker cables.

Generally my speakon cables stay ok. Its all the my XLR ones that seem to lose screws randomly, or work loose so that the connections break internally.

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

Input from a non L1/B1 user:

Every year or two I also need to tighten the screws in my Speakon cables - but only the end that connects to the Sub!! All the other screws (Tops & Amp ends) are always still tight. (I use custom 4 core cables that are coded so that I plug the same end in the same place each time.)

Once you have tightened them up, pop a bit of nail varnish on the screw thread, saves them coming undone accidentally again.

Edited by Kingy

What colour nail varnish is best Kinky ?

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

What colour nail varnish is best Kinky ?

That would be telling, thought you would know better than me, QUOTE "what do I Know?"

Now, off to bed with you, naughty boy!! tongue out icon

Many years ago, when the world was a nicer place, I bought some Neutrik Speakon connectors.

They had solder buckets.

Seems they've done away with that now.... have they?

If they have, then I'd agree that pink nail varnish may well be the way to go. smile icon

The answer to this is a nice 40 watt jobbie. Let it get nice and hot, then it takes no time to make the joint. Melting plastic didn't seem to be an issue, from what I remember.

At least the newer ones have the screws scewing down at an angle into the wire which is a nice touch.

The answer to this is a nice 40 watt jobbie. Let it get nice and hot, then it takes no time to make the joint. Melting plastic didn't seem to be an issue, from what I remember.

At least the newer ones have the screws scewing down at an angle into the wire which is a nice touch.

And are better than the original allen key design. I know of a few people who have been caught out by not carrying a suitable key to tighten the loose conections with.