Dj's United

Acme 250 Oil (wildtech)

Not really a review, but just thought I'd tell you how pleased I am with this!

MSD 250 lamp inside....superb!

I thought the Solar 250s were good, but these things are great. I realise they wont suit everybody, but if you're looking for an oil effect, look no more. Brilliant colours .

i was so pleased with my first one, I bought another week after (skint now, buy my Acme Dancing Strobes advertised in the for sale section and on ebay :o)

I can now fully cover both side walls of a room and have some really cool 'beams'.

Only complaint is that the wheel cant be slowed down quite as much as I'd like, and you cant reverse the direction...however they really are 'awesome' in the right setting. Plus point is they also seem to accept Opti wheels, though I havent tried them yet.

At first I thought the size of the image was big enough, but then I discovered the zoom and focus controls underneath. They can give a massive image!

Got mine off the net for £248 each including bulbs (I've seen em at £299!)...best money I've spent for a bit!!

So there you go

PS Incidentally I sold my Solar 250s for £120 each, so if you take the bulbs into consideration they didnt cost that much more! I'm now thinking seriously of ditching all my halogen stuff in favour of discharge lighting...the colours are just so much better, and the brightness ...a lot brighter

Edited by buskersball

Its a shame that they only take the 6" wheels. I use a lot of lense effects, 2 effects and a lot of cassettes which i don't think fit in these units.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

Its a shame that they only take the 6" wheels. I use a lot of lense effects, 2 effects and a lot of cassettes which i don't think fit in these units.

No its just the wheels...gonna start collecting them!

Anybody got any going cheap?

ebay is your friend in this case. Set up 2 saved searches for 'opti' and 'optikinetics' and you'll get all of them as they get advertised. They still fetch a good price second hand though.

Also check out Optifanatics website for second hand stuff.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum