Dj's United

Bulgin Socket To 13amp Plug?

Not sure if what I'm looking for even exists but here goes...

It'd be handy to have a lead that has a Bulgin socket on one end and a 13amp plug on the other. I had a look on CPC but couldn't find anything.

I have a Standmate which for those that are familiar with it has 4 iec's going to a bulgin plug, which I usually use with a switch box, but I'd like the option of being able to plug it straight to a mains supply.

Anyone know if such an item exists?

...and before someone suggests that I could easily make one; nope, that option is out of the window. I'd far rather pay a couple of quid for a properly made one rather than mucking about about making one.

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

Nope, I'm looking for a female bulgin to a 13amp plug.

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

Hi Andy,

I'd be careful, as bulgin leads are designed to take power, in and out of equipment. The lead I believe you are wanting could be connected by accident to say a lighting controller, at the other end you have a 13A plug, a major shock hazard, in addition you could damage the controller as all channels will be linked together. If you decide the risk is worth it, you would have to make the lead up yourself, LABEL IT WELL, and always remember to connected the 13A plug first.

I have made the same lead, purely for testing pre-wired PAR56 and PAR36 lighting bars. It never leaves my garage, and is well away from my road gear and is painted bright orange!

Cheezy

Nightsounds

With all channels on or just one?

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

Hi Andy,

This is probably more what you need?

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/pa...sku=PL-ST474030

Cheezy

Nightsounds

That is what the end result would be and if I'm unable to find a the lead/adaptor that I need then I may buy something like that.

BTW Cheezy; not quite sure why you're addressing Andy on this question as it was me that started it; Andy was only offereing an answer same as yourself.

You mentioned about lighting controllers; won't be happening. It will ONLY be used to power 4 lights. There is a seperate dmx controller (not powered via this standmate) which will actually turn each fixture on/off, so I don't need to use the switch box that I'd previously used with the Standmates.

...so anyway... still looking for this seemingly unobtainable adaptor... although someone has offered to make one for me.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

Hi Tom,

All channels will be connected together if you link a bulgin connector to a 13A plug.

It is not something that should be done unless you know what you are doing.

Cheezy

Nightsounds

Sorry Eskie, I didn't scroll far enough down!

Cheezy

All channels will be connected together if you link a bulgin connector to a 13A plug.

Cheezy

If this is what you want to do then just use some 13amp flex and wire up all the live pins to live etc, this does mean you can have live pins exposed when you use a link cable so be careful!

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>