Dj's United

Led Par 56 Cans

I see Thomann are doing Par 56 Led cans at £44 each inc vat. Combine that with £7 (any size order)delivery means i got two for £95.

Absolute bargain, thinking of getting some more now I have seen the results.

Very pleased.

Must admit having looked at BM`s set up am going to get some after April (New tax year). Also going to get a S & H starcloth booth from Mr Stewart.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

Any more info on them please?

They are the Stairville ones i believe, 4 channel dmx. I've been looking at the Eurolite Par64's which are 5 channel and the description says they have variable speed strobing.

What are the features like on the ones you have, what/how are the DMX channels set up like (RGB mixing on 3 channels plus dimming?)

Thanks

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

I bought a pair of the Eurolite LED Par64s in January. They have 183 10mm leds. I use them to colour ceilings while I use a acrobat or broken swing to light the dance floor (depending on the age profile of the crowd I'm expecting at the function).

To be honest I don't use a dmx controller or link via the xlr connections. On their own they scroll through their selection of colours at gentle rate which is perfect for what I want. They are extremely light.

How do they compare to the par56s? That I can't answer, but anyone looking for some units that are light-weight, have a high output and give off virtually no heat, The eurolite Par 64 is worth considering.

John

The ones I purchased are 4 chanel DMX. If leaving them in stand alone mode you have a couple of choices. Firstly there is a switch to change between audio & timer based change. The speed for the chase is controlled by a pot. The audio chase is far too sensative to be of much use, it literally send s them off into a sort of strobe type effect.

The chase is a basic snap through the colours, each colour being a mix of the 153 leds (51 of each colour).

If you put the unit into chase mode then put dip switch 8 on, the colour change becomes a colour scroll, gently cross fading from colour to colour. By putting dip 1 on, you can shorten the time it takes to scroll. Adding more dip switches makes the scroll time less, so it becomes faster.

I have yet to try them with a DMX controller, but may get time today.

Light output is slightly less than a conventional par can, there is absolutely no heat at all and they draw a staggering 15 watts of power!!

• 1 month later...

On the holiday stite I currently work on, we have had 40 of the Showtec par 56 LED Cans installed with 4 white LED Par 64 cans. They look really good and you can get the color that you could ever want. The only problem I think is that they have replaced 10 normal par 56 cans with these. The effect is much better but it seems strange having so many more lights to produce the same effect. This being the only problem for me is the output from the cans. So I think I'm going to stick with my old fashioned Par 56cans.

How have other people found the light output from the cans ??

Nathan

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

Thats been my concern with the led cans. I've been trying to read up on opinions of how they compare. With the 64's some say they're about the same as a 500w regular par64. However when you look at the lumen rating compared to the halogen lamp, they don't come close.

Any more experiences/observations?

On the eurolite website the long nose profile par 64 appears to have greater light output, however i'm unable to find anywhere, here or abroad that stocks them.

http://www.eurolite.de/eur_artdetail.php?a...3635&lang=E

http://www.eurolite.de/eur_artdetail.php?a...3638&lang=E

I bought a pair of the Eurolite LED Par64s in January. They have 183 10mm leds. I use them to colour ceilings while I use a acrobat or broken swing to light the dance floor (depending on the age profile of the crowd I'm expecting at the function).

To be honest I don't use a dmx controller or link via the xlr connections. On their own they scroll through their selection of colours at gentle rate which is perfect for what I want. They are extremely light.

How do they compare to the par56s? That I can't answer, but anyone looking for some units that are light-weight, have a high output and give off virtually no heat, The eurolite Par 64 is worth considering.

John

I also have 2 of the Eurolite Par64 Led's and find them not bad at all pretty bright for Led's but I think 4 odf them would be a better option. Mine are programmed from an NJD Merlin controller

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

The problem of comparison is that the Lumens outputs are not the same: That must sound strange.

let me explain.

The Lumens on a PAR 56/64 is without a GEL in front of the Lamp.

The Lumen on a LED CAn is without a GEL because they don't need the GEL. but, how many people use PAR56/64 without GELS

-----

What you need to compare is the Lumen rating for the different coloured GELS against the colour output of a LED CAN.

Obviously Blue gels will have a lower Lumen output than a yellow Gel or clear white.

• 3 months later...

On the stage to make a bright white spot to light the cabarets up we had to use 6 of them just for that, and they were Par 64 white LED cans. I can see the longterm idea of them for installs like no lightbulb changing or heating up etc

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

I think the LED pars are perfect for a disco environment. They are bright enough to give a good wash over the crowd and not ruin the effect of any effects lights you are also running.

They aren't particularly good for stage stuff though, unless they're uplighting walls, or that kinda thing. Normal pars knock the spots off them for this kind of work.

P.S. You can get the 5 channel ones for £38 - http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_led_pa...alu_schwarz.htm

Edited by Danno13

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

I was not impressed with the cheap led parcans their output is less than a 300w par 56, if you have the money get the 1 W led type they are much better.

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

I purchased 4 x LED Par 56 and have to say I am very impressed with them, I havent even taken my 4 dynamo scans out since as these do a great job of lighting up the room.

DJ Frankie Knuckles.

I was not impressed with the cheap led parcans their output is less than a 300w par 56

Well of course its not going to be anywhere near that bright! Thats like buying a Lada and complaining that you hoped it'd be faster than a ferrari!

Remember these things draw a stupidly low amount of power.. so if you add up how many you could use for your 300w.. then you'd be getting pretty bright!

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

I used 6 of the Eurolite LED64 10mm cans alongside 8 conventional 500w Par64's over this weekend on a festival stage. The LED's were providing side wash, with regulars on main overhead duty.

Depending on the colour used, it varied between what worked best. Reds on the led's were less than the pars, blues were better than pars, green about the same. Regular pars obviously had it on the open white.

I'm going to get some diffuser for mine to try to even out some of the colour imbalance on the led's as i've heard it can also help with the halos you get off the led's.