Dj's United

Thanks To Cs For Reminding Me Of An Old Classic

In this post, young CS suggested the Commodores - Brick House for the tune of the week amongst 2 others. I have not heard this probably since the 80's, so found the 12" version on itunes, and bought it.

It is an amazing tune, I am so pleased to rediscover this gem. Many thanks CS! :nbow: It will feature heavily in my forthcoming sets, will go down very well with 40YO's tonight I suspect.

:toot:

Fairly recently recorded this onto the computer from vinyl, so fresh in my mind although I've never really rated it that highly.

Maybe time to let the 40-somethings decide at a gig one day. smile icon

:Thumbup:

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Have just listened to the track.

Does absolutely nothing for me.One that will not see the light of day

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

Suggest Amy Winehouse - Rehab, for you trev or Honeydrippers -Rocking at midnight !

Brian ! i dusted off Rick James - Superfreak, last night and it went down a storm.

Edited by C.S

Keep pasties Cornish

Suggest Amy Winehouse - Rehab, for you trev or Honeydrippers -Rocking at midnight !

Brian ! i dusted off Rick James - Superfreak, last night and it went down a storm.

Yeah Rick James

Huge in the states, but did nothing in the UK

All depends where you were in the UK ! Was absolutely huge in the clubs of Europe. I can remember playing this in Copenhagen in the early 80s and the place took off, shame mc hammer abused it ! Reminds me of some other tracks - oneness of juju - every which way, the reddings - remote contro, hamilton Bohannon - lets start the dance. God i am old !

Edited by C.S

Keep pasties Cornish

All depends where you were in the UK ! Was absolutely huge in the clubs of Europe. I can remember playing this in Copenhagen in the early 80s and the place took off, shame mc hammer abused it ! Reminds me of some other tracks - oneness of juju - every which way, the reddings - remote contro, hamilton Bohannon - lets start the dance. God i am old !

Yes CS, probably more of a club hit in the UK, and he didn't make the top 40 over here. However, in the USA he was massive. I was never asked for for his stuff. Pity though cause it's good.

Edited by Norfolk DJ

Commordores what a great tune, have that and Flying High on 12", Hamilton Bohannon Let's Start The Dance along with Charles Earland Let the Music Play classic tunes!

And Rockin At Midnight from that classic 12" EP:) Mid 80's magic

Oh yes and another classic tune from the 70's Everybody's Singing Love Songs By Sweet Thunder

Have all these and more still on orig vinyl from the 70's. maybe a time to start a classic funk night somewhere:)

ONENESS OF JUJU - EVERY WAY BUT LOOSE :toot: :toot: :toot:

One of my all time favourite tunes, loved it when it was released and ever since, and now proudly own it on a CD!

Hamilton Bohannon :nbow:

Rick James - mmmm it's so-so, I can't really feel this track.

agrees with Brian

Hey anyone else remember this:)

Arnie's Love-I'm Out Of Your Life

Three Degrees-The Heaven I Need

Have both on orig 12"!

Arnie's Love :nbow: :Thumbup:

OK, how about:

Arthur Adams - You got the floor

You mean the one on RCA yup have that one:)

How about Soul Train Gang-Soul Train Theme

Now that's a real classic tune, in fact there was two versions one which came out as a 7" and one which was on the LP

I have both:)

d train - youre the one for me , anyone ? or booker newbury 3rd - love town- perhaps ?

Edited by C.S

Keep pasties Cornish

Can I throw in Third World's 'Now That We've Found Love' for debate?

I've always liked this track, but not aired it much beyond the 80s.

Planning on dragging it out this weekend though, at the behest of a mate. smile icon

Great track , i do prefer it to heavy d`s version (if memory serves me correctly) which is faster and harsher. Shall give it a whirl on saturday !

Keep pasties Cornish

Planning on dragging it out this weekend though, at the behest of a mate. smile icon

fine tune. it's one that i have not played for years.

agrees with Brian

Hey anyone else remember this:)

Three Degrees-The Heaven I Need

Have both on orig 12"!

Excellent track. picked up the 12inch version on cd in poundland. i think this song was produced by pwl

d train - youre the one for me , anyone ? or booker newbury 3rd - love town- perhaps ?

Both are classics along with Vicki D This Beat Is Mine

Third World-Now I Have Found Love classic tune on Island

Along with Hi Tension by Hi Tension have both on orig 12" !

• 5 months later...

Love these music posts

Osibisa/Sunshine Day

Found it on a new compilation

Clasic old funky track

One that I had forgotten

Played it on my morning community radio show and cranked up the sound in the studio

Cracker of a track, got both versions 7 and 12", I play it most Saturdays our doorman loves it, says he never hears it anywhere else.

I'd like to add to the melting pot............. Strawberry letter 23 by Brothers Johnson.......lovely http://planetsmilies.net/music-smiley-1306.gif or if I'm allowed two.......... Real love by Driza Bone, another good'un. http://planetsmilies.net/party-smiley-565.gif

Edited by dj.silver

I once read about the evils of heavy drinking ................ so I've stopped reading

COPYWIGHT: Elmer Fudd 1956, All wights wesewved.

brickhouse is a great track and i still play it on a regular basis.

ok, timetunnel time.

candy by cameo

jingo by candido

dancing in outer space by atmosphere TUUNNNNNEEEEE :toot:

looking for love tonight by fat larrys band

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Some quality tunes here, I've been playing Booker Newbury recently, can I add Weekend - Class Action and Change - Searching to the mix.

Lost In Music is another I still like to wheel out.

Does anybody remember The Best Part Of Breaking Up by Roni Griffiths (sp) ? Was massive for a while when I was working in clubs.

Neil B

Does anybody remember The Best Part Of Breaking Up by Roni Griffiths (sp) ? Was massive for a while when I was working in clubs.

i actually bought this on import and paid £11 at the time which was a lot of money then.

i did like the track but for some reason it just didnt have the impact on the dancefloor.

jim

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---