Dj's United

Hello Everyone !!,

My name is Matt I'm 33 and I just registered with the forum a few hours ago having come across it whilst looking for advice, hints and tips etc on the net with respect to DJ'ing.

It certainly seems I have come to the right place !, having browsed through the site I have found what I was looking for without even having to post !!

So a quick intro...

I kind of 'stumbled' into DJ'ing three years back now having tried to make it as a musician and failed as age got the better of me and the dream began to fade !!!, so still wanting to be involved with music I got myself hooked up with a local internet radio station that at the time was in the process of applying for a full FM license. This opportunity arose as friend of mine who is an experienced DJ from my local club got the offer of a show on the station and initially asked if I would like to accompany him as his producer due to the fact i have always been a bit of a computer 'whiz' (allegedly).

Before long I was co-hosting the show as well as playing and mixing the music all of which were mp3's using Atomix VDJ or occassionally SAM 3 .

As the audience figures grew we decided to 'take the show on the road' so I invested in a Rig and off we went.

To cut a long story short (which it was going to turn into!), the station never got its license and went bust, I now have four rigs which are out roughly two to three times a week with myself and three other DJ's that now work for me including my friend I was 'producing' for.

We work from Chesterfield in Derbyshire, which is sadly in an area of high unemployment so we are kinda restricted on what we can charge, but we all have other jobs during the day so it's all good !.

Looking forward to getting involved with the forum and sourcing some sound advice from the fountain of knowledge that is available here.

Cheers

Another great intro smile icon :welcome: to DJu Matt and out of interest (nosiness) was there anything specific you searching for that brought you to DJU and when you did get here how quickly were you able to find the info you wanted?

Great intro. welcome along.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Another great intro smile icon :welcome: to DJu Matt and out of interest (nosiness) was there anything specific you searching for that brought you to DJU and when you did get here how quickly were you able to find the info you wanted?

Hi Paul,

I know this probably sounds sad but I was initially looking for ideas on party games for a 7th b'day party I am doing next week as I usually leave the kids parties to one of my other DJ's, but due to the fact he is holidaying in Tailand at present I am kind of stuck with it myself.

I was also interested in advice on passive speakers as currently I have four rigs all of which are running with powered speakers, (Wharfedale Pro EVPX's and Carlosbro Gamma's), but I am looking to get a set of passive speakers because I am getting tired of the weight issue associated with my current set up (as you get older etc..).

I found the info I needed within 5 mins and then started to explore the forum and found other things that were being discussed extemely useful such as info on venues and the 'how much do you charge ? ' discussion.

This is a great forum , wish I had found sooner.

Cheers

:welcome:

Hi, welcome to the bowl :cheers:

Sometimes in the pursuit of perfection one can get blinded by size.

If you believe you can acheive.

Add life to your days not days to your life.

[/url][/img]

:welcome: :cheers:

Hello And Welcome to DJU.

Party with 7 yr olds is a difficult age.

We usually do the mummys game, get some cheap bog roll and split them into 2's or 3's then get them to dress 1 person up as a mummy . Always gets great laughs where we are,

Hope it goes ok.

Edited by Eclipse Roadshow

Hello And Welcome to DJU.

Party with 7 yr olds is a difficult age.

We usually do the mummys game, get some cheap bog roll and split them into 2's or 3's then get them to dress 1 person up as a mummy . Always gets great laughs where we are,

Hope it goes ok.

Cheers buddy I'll give that one a whirl

Hi & :welcome:

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

We usually do the mummys game. Always gets great laughs where we are,

Yeah, I like doing the mummies.... tongue out icon

Seriously, welcome to our (not so) little universe. Nice Intro!

:Thumbup:

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!