Dj's United

Dju Members Website Reviews

Next in line for a thorough interrogation of his website is Kane. He's recently changed the whole look of his site and is eager to hear the views of other DJs on the positive and negative aspects of the site.

You can find the site at: http://www.astoriasoundandlight.co.uk

Over to you for some opinions...

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

Hi Kane,

1st impressions are it's a nice clean site, easy to navigate and read smile icon

Down to the nitty gritty:

In the header on all pages the phone nos. etc are too close to the RH margin (a bit of padding required)

I like the way you have put different pictures at the top of each page however some are too dark and some are no longer showing the correct aspect ratio (unless you have some really tall & thin people in Oxfordshire smile icon ).

Home page:

'Free free' is repeated in 2 consectitive sentences. I recommend changing the 2nd one to 'please call or email us from the contact page'.

About:

'small' roadshow - recommend changing this

Why Book Us:

I would put these in some sort of order of priority (from the clients point of view) and therefore move your PLI/PAT to the bottom of the list.

Venues:

Make these into a tabbed list as per Why Book Us

Contact Us:

Include a link to the enquiry form in the main body text as well.

FAQs:

The last one has a double gap before it.

Hope this helps.

Paul

I like it - clean layout with minimal clutter.

However... smile icon

Where you have your e-mail address at the top of the pages, I feel you should turn that into a live link. Possibly frustrating to have an unclickable address like that. Doing this would enable you to do away with the contact page, which I feel is pretty pointless unless you were going to have your home address on there too - just have all that information right there at the top of all the pages.

My next remark concerns your logo. Now I know this shouldn't really be discussed here, but I think it could be improved and cleaned up by removing the odd bits of the swirl visible between the 'AS' of Astoria and the D, L and I of 'sound and light'. Just my observation.

I don't see any need for a section illuminating the venues you've visited. The list includes a British Legion venue and several village halls, none of which mean anything to a potential customer. Only place a venue or occasion there if exceptionally outstanding, or better, do without altogether as it could send the wrong message. (i.e. This is the only work I've done so far...)

Now this from your FAQ page:

"All of our tracks have been recorded directly from original CD's at a very high quality rate so you will never notice the difference!"

This tells me the quality is worse, but that you're hoping I won't notice. Better to word it along the lines of:

"All of our tracks have been recorded directly from original CD's so there is no noticeable reduction in sound quality." Only say that if it's true, though...

I see no point in your links page - it serves no purpose as far as customers are concerned.

That'll do for now. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry chaps, i havnt got round to actually putting the links in yet, but ill be changing it anyway to hotels and nice venues around oxfordshire soon...

• 6 months later...

Next in line for a thorough interrogation of his website is Kane. He's recently changed the whole look of his site and is eager to hear the views of other DJs on the positive and negative aspects of the site.

You can find the site at: http://www.astoriasoundandlight.co.uk

Over to you for some opinions...

Swap the pic on the links page for the one on the home page, its much nicer and says sound and light to me.

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

Evening All....

Yep agree with most of the comments, nice & clean

Only annoying thing is, or is it just me, everytime I click on a link, I have to click it twice

Also may look better to insert a gap on the mobile No, along with moving them all away from the margin

Are you underselling yourself by continiously using the words "We are a small roadshow"

Good luck

Music Entertainment covering London & within the M25 Areas

English & Asian Events catered for

www.skydj.co.uk

Only annoying thing is, or is it just me, everytime I click on a link, I have to click it twice

Yes. It's down to the way IE7 works with Flash. You have to activate the contral first because it is a security risk.

I would use image buttons, which would eliminate this, or CSS over a table to make the rollover a different colour. There are lots of ways but flash isn't going to work great for buttons in this case.

Aside from that, it looks good and i've picked up a few pointers myself as my site isn't great. It looks empty because I'm just starting out again and i have no nice piccies, videos etc.

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos