Dj's United

Castor Wheels For Subs.

Hi Folks

Does anyone know where I can purchase 8 x Castor wheels that I can fix to my subs? I have tried the usual places, ebay, Terralec.? any ideas.

DJ Frankie Knuckles.

What size?

We sell them where I work, and can get them at cost price. Cost to you would be that plus postage costs.

Let me know the preferred wheel diameter, and whether you want castors or fixed and how many of each and I'll get you a price if you want.

Decent sized ones will need to be bolted on, so you'll need access to the inside of the cabinet.

EDIT:

I use two fixed and two castors on my bass bins, which makes them more stable to wheel in a straight line.

What size?

We sell them where I work, and can get them at cost price. Cost to you would be that plus postage costs.

Let me know the preferred wheel diameter, and whether you want castors or fixed and how many of each and I'll get you a price if you want.

Decent sized ones will need to be bolted on, so you'll need access to the inside of the cabinet.

EDIT:

I use two fixed and two castors on my bass bins, which makes them more stable to wheel in a straight line.

Thanks Andy, not too sure of the plate diameter I need really, cant get away with bolting them as there is no access to the inside of the sub due to it being carpeted or is there a way ????

I was planning to run some thin strips of wood down the back and screw the wheels onto the wood?

DJ Frankie Knuckles.

Frankie - what sub have you got?

If you can get access to the driver from the front, you can remove that and get inside.

Smaller wheels can be screwed on using... wait for it... screws, but your idea sounds fine.

Price wise, the ones I use have a wheel of 100mm diameter and cost about a fiver each, give or take a bit.

EDIT:

Here's a picture once again of my bleddy speakers - any excuse, eh??!

Point is, look at the wheels - they are the ones I described.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andyspatch/hosting/soundsystem.jpg

Wowzers Andy I thought my subs were big yours are massive. Mine are the Class D ones so am looking at roughly the same sort of wheels. Hopefully I might have solved the issue by doing a deal with a guy who sells them. I'll let you know cheers.

DJ Frankie Knuckles.

Hehe!

Nice, aren't they?? smile icon

In fact, there is a slight loss of efficiency between 60Hz and about 120Hz or so due to the large internal volume of the cabinets, but efficiency is good from 50Hz down, and with current port tubes gives a respons about 3dB down at 35Hz. Floor shakin' stuff. :D

Anyhow, if you decide you want some castors, just PM me.

I hope you got the castors with brakes Andy :joe:

I put mine on the back of the subs (2 fixed & 2 swivel) and then tipped them upright when in position.

Yes, the two castor wheels have brakes. smile icon

Necessary really to prevent the public moving them about at gigs...