Dj's United

I think am correct in saying Kingy has ordered HD2500 on the back of seeing it on Sunday.

Yes steve, I had already ordered the unit when it was first announced, however I went on Sunday to see "in the flesh" type ideas. Thanks to excellent help from Gary, I now have mine sat next to me. As did Dale, so thats two sold!! It felt better than it's competitors and has some nice features. It has one or two I will never need, but I see it as a bonus!

I understand fully what Mike is saying regarding manufacturers. Speak to any of the reps and they generally see shows such as this teedious. They don't really want to be dealing with the end user buying one unit, they want the retailer buying twenty!

The Sherman speakers in the main room were adequate, I agree, but thats all. I would have just liked to see the Bose in their place rather than in the lowest part of the building and displayed in a 15 foot square demo area...hardly a task for £4k worth of PA???

The show itself shows that effort has been put in, PLEEEEASE don't think I can't see that and it certainly has its place (unlike PLASA for the DJ).

I am looking forward to Mark's forthcoming BPM show, which knowing him the way I do, will be a well organised show and I hope it is well supported by the Dj fraternaty.

Guys at NADJ, ONWARD & UPWARD..... as they say.

Oh, and Nik..... come on guy, get a life!!! Stop this constant agressive questioning of everything that happens on here, if you don't like it, there are other forums mate!!!

Did someone mention my name?! :cool:

Just to pick up on a small point:

If you think trying to put a show together is easy, try it,

Been there, done that!

Gosh Mikeee, your memory is short! And, as I recall, you was invited to represent NADJ at the DJUMAX.....and probably the last man out of the venue due to that one informal enquiry about the association. :shaun:

And didn't you threaten to rip that guy's throat out unless he joined?!!! tongue out icon

To clear up a point, there is no direct competition between DJA and NADJ. as the entity's are a little different.

One is a free to join online based association accepting all types of DJ and diversity and the other is a subscription based association whose main membership is mobile DJs.

I could go on and on and on but I don't want to hi-jack the thread! :D

Always remember that professionalism does not end at the keyboard, so seriously folks, if ANY thread is not kept civil and polite, it can be closed.

Gosh Mikeee, your memory is short! And, as I recall, you was invited to represent NADJ at the DJUMAX.....and probably the last man out of the venue due to that one informal enquiry about the association.

Not that short, When was it?? :lol:

And didn't you threaten to rip that guy's throat out unless he joined?!!!
No, me, never :lol: But I did send the lads round because he wouldn't join, he now lives in Telford and calls himself Delores :scared:

as I recall, you was invited to represent NADJ
Correct, and I was also a mod, so I was there for the forum as well.

To clear up a point, there is no direct competition between DJA and NADJ.
:shrug: Did I miss something :shrug:

Dan, it might be worth while writing DJ Associates instead of DJA, you might be confused with Tony, or even the American outfit. :scared:

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Oh, and Nik..... come on guy, get a life!!! Stop this constant agressive questioning of everything that happens on here, if you don't like it, there are other forums mate!!!

You know what mate your right I've wasted enough time trying to get some info of any use so I will back off with my own feelings and thoughts on this matter and for me it is now closed...

Keep smiling its the Summer time tongue out icon

Nik

Nik

As far as I am aware any specific question you have asked have been answered either by myself or a fellow member of NADJ.

If there is anything you do not have an answer for, please feel free to contact any of the members of the NADJ Managment committee directly and we will be more than happy to answer them.

It was a shame you did not attend the show it would have been nice to speak with you personally, perhaps you might find the time to travel to one of the branch meetings around the country and see first hand what we are about and also get your questions answered in person.

Sitting outside of the uk and looking at this thread ,two things spring to mind

1. If you organise a form of event for the dj industry and charge an entry fee then you make damn sure that everything is up to scratch. If you do not manage to get manufacturers to come then you should certainly make sure that the people coming know this before they go in. The comment "if you think it is easy to organise a show" seems a little off as its obvious that reseach that is neccessary to organise such an event would have revealed who was going to participate in the first place. It would also be important to be able to inform manufacturers how they would benefit from such an event.Another point is that as an organiser you can never be 100% sure that external suppliers are going to do anything that they say they will !

2. If manufacturers dont come then it means that they dont take it seriously and therein lies the rub . A lot of people in the uk do not take the mobile dj industry seriously and many of them are part of it ! As long as there is no great obvious difference to the general public between your 50 quid dj and your 300 quid dj then its always going to be like that. Manufacturers should be fighting to exhibit at such an event.

I think if i had been uk based then i would have attended the show because after all it is positive to organise something for the dj industry that gets djs together and tries in a positive way to improve the standard of the service that we provide.

Edited by C.S

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Nik

As far as I am aware any specific question you have asked have been answered either by myself or a fellow member of NADJ.

If there is anything you do not have an answer for, please feel free to contact any of the members of the NADJ Managment committee directly and we will be more than happy to answer them.

It was a shame you did not attend the show it would have been nice to speak with you personally, perhaps you might find the time to travel to one of the branch meetings around the country and see first hand what we are about and also get your questions answered in person.

You have not answerd any of my questions only made reference to them... You and the NADJ are using this thread to try in some vain attempt to publicise yourselves to the DJU fraturnity...

Some think any form of publicity is good publicity... I do not think this is so... My last point is if Sunday was an AGM for the NADJ why did they charge you guys who are members to enter... As paid up members of the NADJ you should have been invited to the AGM as if you will shareholders of the organisation... I feel the NADJ held an AGM and funded it by wrapping a DJ show around it... (Just my oppinions and sorry if they differ from others but just my thoughts).

It has been said the NADJ represents all DJs well I and some others on here work in radio... Ask your radio proffessionals if they have heard of the NADJ... I think I know the answer...

Nathan please do not answer this post as I am no longer interested and you have no valid point to make to this DJU DJA BECTU and soon to be MU Member any more...

Now im going back to watch some paint dry tongue out icon :rolleyes: :djuhi:

Nik

Nic, where are you coming from??? By all means join the MU, and up until their cost cutting exercise, I've been "working" with them for years, but don't expect any help if you have a "DJ" problem. You can ask Dan about their system of signatures - LOL.

BECTU are a wonderful outfit, if your a tech head, prior to NADJ, the TVDJA were, as were SEDA and CADJ (I believe), in talks with them about amalgamating (sp) and they would be the "voice" of DJ's, shame they weren't interested in anyone with an opinion or physically worked in front of an audience, if your a cameraman or a sound engineer great, but again no support for the humble DJ.

Of course, if your in Radio, the majority belong to the NUJ.

Outside of the NADJ the only real body that will help is Equity, hopefully this will make your choice easier.

Most of the above see the DJ as a pocket full of money, earn't on the side, with another "real" job in the entertainment industry.

So come on guys, stop and think. OK it may not appear to be what you want or how you want it, but at the end of the day, the NADJ is for DJ's.

It only started off as some general comments to help out, I had had the wrath of Pengelly for no reason, Phil Cunningham has been nice, as has Nathan, I don't think I'll bother to try and help out again though.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Andy, I know what you wre trying to do, it was just the way you worded it :lol: It did read as "why did you bother" rather than "guys, nice try but.. this may help next time". But hey, how many people walk out of PLASA every year and say "that was rubbish", "if they had..", "I'm not wasting my money again", I traveled...miles for that!". I look at critizism as helpful, positive and a sign that you enjoyed yourself (it's the british way :lol: )

Again, DJ show North is a good day out.

Thats another £10 paul.. tongue out icon

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

Now im going back to watch some paint dry tongue out icon :rolleyes: :djuhi:

Ah, finding a niché market?

The show. I went to the show as several people at once and I've got the figure to prove it.

I went as a mobile DJ: As a mobile DJ I want to see what's out there. I don't want to spend £2000 on "last years model", or indeed on 8 x £200 lights if there are about to be 4 x £350 lights which are about to be released. As a mobile DJ, I needed to see what all the main CD companies had on their discs before I switch from my current provider, to sign up to a new one. As a mobile DJ, I wanted to look at flightcasing solutions. As a mobile DJ, I wanted to look at, in the flesh (well, in the metal) of the new hardware add-ons for my main disco stand. As a mobile DJ, I wanted to ask questions about a particular set of speakers, and get answers straight from the manufacturer.

I went as an Exhibitor: As an exhibitor I knew that a lot of DJs had heard about the DN-HD2500 as well as many of Denons other goodies (no, not those Bill Oddie, Tim Brooke Taylor type Goodies) and I wanted to be able to let them see, hear, touch, and experience those things. As an exhibitor, I knew that many DJs would be attending the show, just like last year, and I knew it would be worthwhile.

I went as a forum member: As a forum member I know that I always enjoy putting faces (and voices for that matter) to all those on-screen names. As a forum member, I'd arranged all sorts of swaps and purchases and exchanges of several bits and pieces of disco gear which I no longer needed, and bought a couple of things from others who no longer needed them.

As a mobile DJ, I got what I wanted and more.

As an exhibitor, I did what I set out to do.

As a forum member, I've got a bit more space in the garage, a bulging pocket (due to a collection of £20 notes - before anyone picks up dirty on that :lol:)

As an attendee, under all of the above hats/roles. I networked, enjoyed myself, and would most definately go again under all, or any one of the above roles.

Thank you Gary, that was exceedingly well put.

The only comment I can think of to add is: like PLASA perhaps some people go with the expectation of miles of gangways littered with manufactures / distributors / retailers all waiting for the moment you walk along so that they can praise you for your hard work, thank you for coming and offering you the latest wing ding super duper techno gizmo at 25% of the shop price, and the added extra of buy one get one free - and if you think I made this up, no, these people really excist - honest.