Dj's United

I am familiar with writing html for banners. But when I try to insert a banner/link on my signature i am informed that my signature is too long. Can anyone please help?

Also, I would like to insert the DJU banner onto my website, I am aware there is a section on here somewhere to advise me but have tried and failed to find it.

Thank you :D

I am familiar with writing html for banners. But when I try to insert a banner/link on my signature i am informed that my signature is too long. Can anyone please help?

Also, I would like to insert the DJU banner onto my website, I am aware there is a section on here somewhere to advise me but have tried and failed to find it.

Thank you :D

DJU banner details is at http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2972

I expect there is a limit to how many characters you can have in a signature as part of the forum program default else some signatures would take up more room than the posts. You may have to remove some of the text in your signature to include a banner link but wait until one of the "forum techies" confirms.

Can I use a house Proud Banner as ther eis a link on the house proud web site back to here????

Of course you can - there is a size limit on signature banners otherwise they can become bigger than the posts - but anyone with a return link can add a link to their site provided it conforms to the criteria in the DJU rules.

OK...

I have the DJU banner on my website now.

Further to my previous question regarding my signature being long....

I do not believe the problem with creating the banner is related to my signature being too long. Since I have been able to incorporate a similar amount of text required in the signature as it is, whilst including the banner 'image' and a seperate link to my site.

:shrug: :ouch:

Banner Images in sigs are limited to 468 x 80 pixels, if your banner is greater than these dimensions it will be rejected. This limit applies to everybody, including me.

As Paul says, there are obvious reasons as to why we do this, but If ever accessing the forum from a PDA, Mobile device or dial up connection, you will see another example!.

However if your image is inside of these dimensions and you are still having problems, a link to the actual image and a copy of the error text which you are actually getting would help a great deal.

Following on from this ive noticed our signature has shrunk and also now aligned to the left and also when you click our logo it opens in the current page, and not a new page like before?

Can i change this back?

If so how

It used to be aligned centre and open in new window

ive tried aligning centre but it says script to long?