Dj's United

Hi all,

I'm after lighting that I can place on the floor and creates a nice wide ray affect. I have seen it being used on Charlotte churches show when they have 2 massive lights on either side of the studio and these are pointed up but when the audience looks at it, they are just rays that come out?

If you take a look at this video then you can see what I mean at 42/43 seconds into the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGmqr2XPNJY

also here is the charlotte church opening and you can see it in the 20s frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGmqr2XPNJY

I have a large venue in a marquee coming up and I would like to stick this light in one corner but don;t know what it is?

anyone advise?

thx

Haven't viewed the links, probably MAC500's though

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Haven't viewed the links, probably MAC500's though

If it is them I have a mate that owns 8 of these.. Am certain he`ll hire them out to you.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

They're definately a moving head of sorts, however a lot of these lights are not moving heads but specific fixed heads with wide angle lenses. Depending on the size of marquee you may get away with a MSD250 lamped version such as the the MAC250(and later variants) So long as its got a 22deg lense and prism option plus a pinhole type gobo you'll be fine. I've got scans that'll do the same thing so you don't neccessarily need a head if you just want it in a fixed position.

With enough 'atmosphere' (smoke) even something like a Datamoon or Destroyer will do the job (the destroyers have a very small pinhole which is nice) Of course you'll need a DMX controller to run any of these as you want them.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

lol i watched them with no sound on, it was very funny watching him dance!

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>