Dj's United

My Oldest Item Of Equipment Owned Is?

Although I reguarly update my equipment, I do still own a pair if original 1977 clip together 6 x6 bulb light banks. Still used about once a year for a true retro 70's night.

Anyone beat this?

Hi There.

I own a RCS 100 Watt Disco Amplifier Dated 1976 & yes I still use it for small to middle size functions.

It has never been modified or had any replacement parts.

Not trying to beat you here as they say.

I still believe that older disco kit is the best as it was built to last & made by true craftsman.

All The Best

i still use an 8 x 8 light box, its usefull for backwashing walls.

bought it in 1989!

Member of The Musicians Union

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like hard work."

I'm still using 6 narrow light boxes I built in approx. 1980, and am still powering them with a Pulsar Zero 2250 3 channel sound-light controller bought in 1978-ish. smile icon

How's that for reliability??!

Actually, for the sake of correctness, I'm now only using the circuit board, which I've mounted into another case; I've also fitted a higher rated mains dropper resistor and fitted small heat sinks to the triacs in order to help reliability.

Somewhere in my loft is a a console with a pair of BSR decks and a mono mixer, but I'm unsure of its condition. For sale to a good home. smile icon

Edited by Andy Westcott

still got an old telephone from the early 70s that i used for headphones. :hide:

jim

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Ha! Yes, the old telephone was seen as being a necessary bit of kit back then!

I used one half of a pair of headphones, no headband or anything - found it quite good actually for quickly finding the que point on the record. I still used this right up until I bought a decent pair of headphones as a result of advice on this very forum, about a year or so ago.

The good old days! :rolleyes:

Edited by Andy Westcott

Either my EV-S200 speakers (my babies :love: ), or my ELV 800 amp, not sure which is the older as I bought them all second hand a lo-ooong time ago.

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

Light boxes - proper Mobile Disco!

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

pair of H&H loudspeakers, dual concentric cone types 175w 8 ohms, not sure of the exact date but i've owned them since 1991, would estimate them to be late 70's / early 80s

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

My 7 year old Technics sl1210s in their coffin case!!, survived a stand collapse once and a pint of beer smashing on the right hand one, still work flawlessly!! :rolleyes:

Quality mobile Djing and Karaoke for the North East of England

Not really true DJ kit but!..........I have a 50's Gnome projector, for single 35mm slides used to shine "congratulations" or "happy bithday" on a wall! When I originally bought it it had rotted rubber cabling, black and red with no earth! It has now been revamped, and brought up to modern day safety standards.

Cheezy

Nightsounds

Not really true DJ kit but!..........I have a 50's Gnome projector, for single 35mm slides used to shine "congratulations" or "happy bithday" on a wall! When I originally bought it it had rotted rubber cabling, black and red with no earth! It has now been revamped, and brought up to modern day safety standards.

Cheezy

Nightsounds

my unbranded speakers

oldest bit of kit must be my self as I do all the work

[