Dj's United

Rockbag 19" Bag Thing From Thomann

I was looking for a small, light solution to house a Denon DN-1800F and a DN-X400 (yeah I know Gary!!!), and browsing through the Thomann site found something which looked about right. Bearing in mind the mixer is very deep, I bought it, it arrived today...

Perfect! I now have my backup kit all sorted and ready to go. Oh and it's cheap as chips! £45.

Perfect! I now have my backup kit

Backup kit Brian :huh:

I thought that you said that those items were destined for none-other than DJ Lou-Lou :ads:

Seriously though, those rack bags (rockbags) look like they could come in handy - is there any way of venting them except for leaving 1 rack U empty?

Although - do you need to leave 1 rack u empty to allow for cables entering & leaving the unit?

Edited by Gary

I thought that you said that those items were destined for none-other than DJ Lou-Lou :ads:

Seriously though, those rack bags (rockbags) look like they could come in handy - is there any way of venting them except for leaving 1 rack U empty?

Although - do youneed to leave 1 rack u empty to allow for cables entering & leaving the unit?

Well, it will be stored in Loulou's bedroom :joe:

There's 1u-ish gaps all around, so I don't see venting as an issue. There is a velcro'd panel at the back for cable access - I'll bring it to the next SEDA Show Night on 15th July so you can see it. Nik, the protection it affords is fine although I wouldn't stack anything over it. The box within is quite solid.

I always have backup kit, until now it consisted of a Numark DXM-06 and a couple of walkman CD players to get by. The problem was that the DXM-06 appears to have been dead without my knowledge for some time, and when I took it apart to fix it (which I did), I was appalled by the build quality, so the replacement options were Pioneer, Denon, A&H.

Very neat Brian! :Thumbup:

I could do with something like that myself for back up - like you I currently carry CD walkmans & and an old mixer.

I have a 3U Rok sak (a similar thing) myself and found it hard wearing, except after a few years the zips started to go. They still work, but are hard to yank past a couple of stubborn bits, plus one of the tabs broke off. Mine also has a shoulder strap. Very useful for slinging it over the shoulder, leaving two hands free to carry other stuff.

I can see this new "spare" console opening up a new add on:- The Wedding "Keep The Children Occupied" Disco add on.

You could put DJ Lou-Lou in another room with this and your old speakers to entertain the children (much better than them playing "run, drop to your knees, and slide across the dance floor") whilst you entertain the adults in the main room.

Looks very nice!

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk